Thanksgiving Special

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In honor of Thanksgiving here is a devotional on how to be thankful:

Tips and tricks on how to be thankful:

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

1. Be focusing on God and not our problems

How?

By seeking God through prayer, worship, listening to Him, and reading the Bible. As you spend time seeking God, you will grow closer to God and the more you will know about God.

Also you need to change your mindset to stop focusing on your problems and circumstances and fix your eyes on God. You change your mindset by seeking God and asking God to renew your mind. God will renew your mind as you spend time seeking Him. Because when we draw near to God, God will draw near to us. (Psalm 125:1-2)

As one of my favorite authors and speakers Joyce Meyer says: "We all have a part (in a relationship with God). God has a part and we have a part. We have to do our part (by seeking God) because God will not do our part."

2. To Count our blessings

How do you do that?

Make lists everyday of things you are thankful for and praise God for the things on your list.

Here is my list:

I am thankful for my family and friends.
I am thankful for my pets.
I am thankful for being able to go to college on campus.
I am thankful I have good grades in college.
I am thankful for being able to crochet blankets and run my small business "Caty Crafts."
I am for my ministry: "Jesus Saves Ministry" and how well it's growing.
I am thankful for my published book: "Jesus Saves-Daily Devotions" (which is on Amazon and Barnes and Noble just type in the search bar: "Caty Lyle" and you can find it) and how well it has sold.
I am thankful for the devotional book I am writing right now and I love it.
I am thankful for coffee! It's my favorite drink!
I thankful for watching football with my family.
I am thankful for a new pain doctor who will hopefully really help me.
I am thankful for my internship, I really love my work and it's so much fun.
I am thankful for an amazing therapist how is helping me.
I am thankful for having a nice car.
I am thankful for my close relationship with God.
I am thankful for Jesus!

3.  Remember all that God has done for us

1.Jesus died on the cross FOR US because He loved us so much! (John 3:16)
2.We don't have to die a painful death because Jesus died for us and our sins. (John 3:16)
3.We get to go to heaven because of Jesus! (John 3:16)
4.God freely gives us: joy, love, rest, peace, freedom, grace, healing, happiness, and so much more. (Psalm 125:1-2)
5.God is always there for us. (Psalm 121:1-2)
6.There is nothing we can do that will separate us from God's love. (Romans 8:38-39)
7.God is always waiting for us to come into His loving, healing, comforting, encouraging, and loving arms .(Psalm 125:1-2)
8. We can freely talk to God anytime we want because of Jesus. (John 3:16)

Prayer:

Dear God,

Help me be thankful no matter what. Help me fix my eyes on you and not my problems. I praise you because even when everything is lost, I still have you.I thank you for all that you have done for me. I am thankful for Jesus dying on the cross for me because you love me so much. I thank you that now I can have a close relationship with you. I praise you for your goodness, love, and mercy.

I thank you for Your Son and all my many blessings.

In Jesus's Name, I pray, Amen.

***

Hey beautiful I hope you are having a blessed thanksgiving. Just know that I am thankful for you!💗💜 I love you all! Thank you for reading💗💜🦃🥰🍁🍽

-xoxo Caty💗🥰🍁🍽🦃