Day One Hundred and Seventy-Four

Verse: "In you, O LORD, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame!"
Psalms 71:1

Hey everyone, long time no see! I have missed you all so much! So the reason why I have been gone is that I have been so busy with college. I have fantastic news: I am graduating with my associate's degree in May, and I have finally discovered what I want to be is a High School English teacher. Why I have been gone is honestly this semester has been challenging. But right now, I am on Spring break! So welcome back!

Maybe right now, you are struggling. Perhaps you are battling a chronic illness, mental illness, physical illness, or maybe you lost a loved one. No matter what you are going through right now, God wants you to know that He loves you (John 3:16) and that He wants you to come to take refuge in Him (Psalm 71:1).

How do you take refuge in God? First, you start by seeking God through reading the Bible, praying to God, worshiping God, and being still in God's presence. If you are feeling scared about where to begin to read the Bible. My advice to you is to start in Psalms and just start reading. Lately, that is what I have been reading. It's always so good to read Psalms because David is completely honest with God even when David is depressed. If you are feeling down, too, I would suggest praying to God and being honest with Him. Tell God exactly how you think, even if you are angry with God. Just talk to God about everything. He is bigger than you are anger and feelings (Psalm 118:6).

God loves you always (Psalm 136:1). So He wants you to come to Him through prayer. He already knows what you are feeling, and He wants you to know that no matter what you are feeling. God will always love you, no matter what. Nothing can ever separate you from God's love (Romans 8:38-39).

So let God be your refuge by you seeking Him through praying to Him and reading the Bible. God will be there to love you (John 3:16), comfort you  (Isaiah 49:13), and He will help you and always be there for you (Psalm 121:1-2).

So what are you waiting for? Go take refuge in God today!

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I seek you through reading the Bible, talking to you about how I am feeling, worship you, and be in your presence. I ask that you draw near to me as I draw near to you. God, I am feeling (then talking about what you are feeling). I ask that as I take refuge in you that you bless me with whatever I need. I ask that you comfort me, love me, help me, bless me, and be there for me. I praise you because I know no matter what I am feeling, you will always love me and be there for me. Thank you for your goodness, love, comfort, grace, and mercy. I pray you are with me every single second of every day. I thank you because you are so good to me.

I thank you for all my many blessings and Your Son!

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful I hope you are doing well! I am back! 💗🥰💜

Thank you so much for reading. I love you all💗🥰💜

-xoxo Caty💗🥰💜💙