Day One Hundred and Seventy-Eight

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28‬ ‭NIV‬‬

This devotional is for my Mom (love you Mom!) who needs to learn how to rest.

In our world today, we are constantly on the go. We have giant to do lists that have to get done. We have school work, work, chores, and so much more. When was the last time that you rested? Like truly rested in Jesus, not playing on your phone or watching tv. In this devotional I am going to share how to rest in Jesus.

1. Run to Jesus by praying

Get in a silent place and pray to Jesus. When you pray to Him, tell Him about all your problems. He wants to hear from you (Isaiah 49:13). He wants to hear the little things in life like getting mad at your boss. God wants to hear from you. So share your heart with Him. Tell Him EVERYTHING! Your fears, doubts, depression, anxiety, and stress. So you can pray to God in many ways: just talking to Him in your head, saying your prayers out loud, or writing them down. God doesn't care how you pray, He just wants to hear from you (Isaiah 49:13) because He loves you (John 3:16) and He cares for you (Hebrews 13:5). God wants you to talk to Him as much as you possiblilty can. One thing I learned from a church camp was praying to God while you brush your teeth. You can't talk to anyone else so for the two minutes you brush your teeth, talk to God!

2. Reading the Bible

I know I say this all the time but reading your Bible daily (or as much as possible) will help you rest in God. As you read your Bible, pray to God: " God, as I read your word, help me rest in you. I surrender everything to you. I ask you to fill me with your rest and help me through each day.  Help me to understand your word and how it applies to my life." God will show you how to rest as you seek Him (Hebrews 13:5). As you seek God through reading the Bible, praying to Him, worshiping Him, and praising Him; He will draw near to you. (Psalm 125:1-2) It doesn't matter how much time you spend in the word of God, God just wants you to read His word. I know we are all busy and constantly on the go. But try to spend ten minutes reading your Bible at  anytime through each day. I know the more I seek God, the better I feel because God blesses me with peace. And He will bless you with whatever you need as you seek Him (Psalm 121:1-2).

3. Worship God/ Praising Him.

There are many ways to worship God but my favorite is putting on my favorite Christian worship music, and I sing and left my hands to God in worship. But if music is not your thing, you can worship God by thanking Him all He has done for Him. I know I have said this suggestion so many times, but it truly helps: make a gratitude journal and write down everyday things you are thankful to God for.

Here is an example:

Dear God, I thank you for:

I thank you for my amazing family and friends.
I thank you that I can go to my dream college in a few weeks.
I thank you for showing me that I want to become a high school English teacher. I thank you for showing my calling, which is teaching.
I thank you for my pets.
I thank you for the house, food, clothes, and all my basic needs are might thanks to you Lord.
I thank you for my ministry, and I pray that this devotional helps others just like how writing these devotionals helps me.

I thank you for all my many blessings. In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen.

So how do you rest in Jesus?

1. You pray to God.
2. You read your Bible.
3. Your worship God and praise Him.
4. You sit in a quiet and still place and ask Him to speak to you.

I hope this devotional help you as it has helped me.

Thank you Lord!

***

Hey beautiful I hope you enjoyed this! I love you all💗💜🥰

-xoxo Caty💗💜🥰