Day One Hundred and Thirty

Verses: "'Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].'"
Proverbs 3:5-6

In this world, there are many things that happen that we as humans just can't understand. Like death, illness, and very horrible things just happen to us in this world. The reason why I believe bad things happen to good people is because we live in a broken and fallen world. This world is not Heaven so bad things are going to happen. In John 16:30-33 Jesus talks about how we do live in fallen but take heart because He has overcome the world. So instead of doubting, questioning, or running away from God when bad things happen we need to put our faith, hope, and trust in Him.

There reason why as humans we can't understand why bad things happen to us is because we are not God. We only see a part of the plan that God has for our lives. God sees the whole plan (Jeremiah 29:11) and God knows what is best for us (Psalm 31:19). God's ways are higher than our way and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts (Isaish 55:9).

So we need to stop trying to figure out why bad things happen and just trust in God. Why should you trust in God? Because God is good (Psalm 31:19), He is faithful (Psalm 33:4), He has an amazing plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11), He is always there for us (Psalm 121:1-2), He loves you (John 3:16), and we can do anything with Him on our side (Matthew 19:26).

Instead of worrying, doubting, and questioning God, we need to seek Him through prayer, worship, listening for Him, and reading His word. In prayer we need to pour out our heart to God and tell Him everything. He will be there to listen to you and to help you (Psalm 121:1-2). Then you continue to seek God (not just pray once and be done, keep seeking God daily), He will draw near to you (Psalm 125:1-2).

So we don't have to understand why bad things happen, all we have to do is go to God, and let God take care of us! So go to God today!

Prayer:

Dear God,

God, I don't understand why bad things happen. But instead of doubting you or questioning you, I am running into your arms. I pray that you grab my hand and help me walk through life with you by my side. Because God, I can't do life without you. I need you and I want to be close to you. So I pray that as I seek you that I begin to build a close relationship with you. I praise you because you are so good to me. Even when I don't understand why things are happening, you have an amazing and good plan for my life. I know that with you by my side, I can do anything! I praise you for your love, goodness, and mercy.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! Thank you so much for reading! I love you so much❤️💖💜

-xoxo Caty❤️💖💜