Chapter 59

"I hope your reasons for calling me here are sensible."Sandy whined as she walked in her husband's office hanging her brown leather MiuMiu jacket on the chair then sat down.

"Believe me honey, weren't it important I wouldn't have called you instantly." Howard,who stood by the glass window gazing at it remarked with his martini glass on his hand.

"What is it?"

Howard turned around to face his wife.

"Guess who paid me a visit today?" He smiled.

"Uh...who? Barack Obama?"Sandy was being sarcastic towards him obviously tired of him not going straight to the point.

She would probably be having breakfast at Tiffany's with her friends or probably be signing a minor contract at that hour but she had to rush to her husband's pleas as a faithful wife.

"For that I wish." Howard mocked as he slid into his seat.

"Howard,just say the damn name already." She was impatient.

This better be good or else she'd hate him for the rest of her life for wasting her time.

"Arthur unexpectedly showed up at my office this morning. He spoke to me about our business."

Now this was the news she was expecting to hear. Something that had to do with monetary terms.

Sandy couldn't believe it. Arthur is not the type of man to show up at any other person's premises without any intentions. But this..this was big.

"Then?" Her curiosity couldn't wait any longer.

Howard leaned back into his seat and gave a sigh.

Sandy knew that things were not good.

"He doesn't wanna do business with us anymore."

"What!" Sandy jumped from her seat infuriated with what Howard just told her.

"Relax Sandy."

"No Howard. Don't tell me to relax. I mean what made him change his mind?" She panicked touching her migraines.

"He said he can't do push through with Dwight and Hazel's store due to the current situation our kids are in."

"What situation?"

Howard saw how impatient and panicky his wife was and decided to hop out of his seat and went on ahead and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"You know...they broke up and whenever we gather for a meeting the both of them end up fighting. So he decided to back out." He explained softly hoping maybe she'd understand.

"But Howard,"Sandy turned around to face him. "Just Because our kids fight all the time it shouldn't be an excuse to quit the plans we have for them. What did you tell him? I mean didn't you beg him not to withdraw the deal?"

"I tried."

"What do you mean you tried?" Sandy yelled at him making him go back gaze down his window.

At that moment he wished he didn't call her at the office.

"Howard! It's our daughter's future here that's at stake. I mean for now we don't know what her passion is for sure that's why we're doing this for her. Just like what we did for Stephanie. We sent her to Paris to learn fashion because that's her passion right? And I believe that Hazel's passion is to become like one of us someday." Sandy complained to Howard who seemed to be in a trance for a while probably tired with his wife yelling at him.

"But Sandy,let Hazel decide what she wants to do for herself in the future. She can become whomever she wants to be. It doesn't need to be an actress or a..a business tycoon or a director like me." Howard fired back.

He couldn't believe they were arguing over Arthur's visit.

"No Howard. I won't let that happen. You don't what you're talking about."

"I'm her father. Don't you think I don't want what's the best for her?"

"That's not my point." Sandy walked towards her husband and hugged him from behind.

"I know you care and love Hazel so much. But my hear is aching right now with the news you just told me."

Howard faced back and hugged her. She was in years and the last thing he wanted to do was hurt the mother of his children.

"We'll find another business partner. It doesn't have to be Arthur."

"But Arthur is the only trustable business man to close deals with here in LA. The rest are just a bunch of scumbags."

"It's okay. We can do without him. We can simply call the store Hazel's Place. Without his son...which reminds me he's hurting our daughter's feelings." Howard said refraining away from the hug.

"That's the point Howard. I feel like Hazel is so unlucky in everything that she does. Even before she was born. You know how much I've as always  wanted one child. But then I had infertility problems that's when we decided to adopt Stephanie." Sandy was in a trance.

"She stole our hearts. Remember when we vowed to give all our love to Stephanie...it was then I found out that I had conceived Hazel. And I just couldn't stop loving Stephanie just because Hazel was on the way. I love both my daughters. Equally. But I feel like Hazel is always left out. She feels unloved. Which is why I have to do this for her. We have to convince Arthur to push through with the partnership. That way we can teach that douchebag son of his who he is dealing with. That way...Hazel can finally get her revenge on Dwight."

"So what's your plan?" Howard asked knowing her wife's long speech had to come with a plot in the end.

"I'm going to show those Bakers' who Sandra Ash Banks is. They shouldn't mess with me and moreso mess with my daughter."