Chapter 58

Victoria opened her locker only to see a bouquet of dark red rose flowers.

She took them and smelled them and saw the note on the flowers written Only for you your Highness.

She wondered where they came from and who put them inside her locker.

She looked around and saw no one and started to think who they could've been from.

Dwight.

It should be him.

"Am glad you liked them." She heard Dwight's cinnamon hot minty fresh breath penetrate through her ears making her squeal.

"Who put them in here? Was it you?" She hid her excitement. Pretending to be serious.

"Yeah. Why? Don't you like them?" She saw him furrow his eyebrows.

"Am not talking to you." She returned the flowers back in her locker and locked it walking past him.

"Well you are now?" Dwight laughed.

Victoria was playing hard to get when it really didn't suit her.Dwight knew that she liked the flowers because he had been watching her smiling at herself when she had them in her hands.

"Vikki hold on." Dwight caught up with her and stood in front of her.

"What!"

"Hey am sorry. I know what I did was wrong I should've told you. But I was desperate. That's why I called your mum."

She was supposed to be mad at him but why wasn't she? She tried to hide her emotions by being brave around him and putting on a serious look but it wasn't worth it. She couldn't stay mad at him for a long time.

But why was that the case? Was she falling for him?

"But you knew how bad I wanted to go home. So why did you do that?"

"Because..." He held her hands and squeezed them. "Because I want you near me. Vikki I swear I couldn't think of any other way to make you not leave me but your mind was all made up. I had to do something to make you stay."

Victoria saw how genuine he was. He was honest about his intentions because his eyes didn't lie.

"But still Dwight, you contacting my mother was a bad idea. She's a Queen for crying out loud. That was disrespectful."

"Vikki..." He pulled her closer. "You were not picking my calls nor answering my texts. I had to think of something to get your attention. I know you are temperamental but your swinging moods affect my daily routine as well."

His lips.
She couldn't help but stare at his yummy lips that were calling out for hers. If it wasn't public she'd kiss him right there and then. But she had to stop. She had to focus.

She was still mad at him.

At least that's how she lied to herself.

"What do you mean?" She fumbled for words since she was getting weak on her knees.

"Isn't it obvious? I like you Vikki." He leant close like as if he was about to kiss her.

Victoria couldn't resist. She'd been wanting to kiss the hot guy in front of her just to know how his lips felt and tasted like.

Her heart was beating so fast and she could sense that Dwight knew what he was doing to her.

Was he doing that on purpose?

Him just admitting that he likes her was making her run out of oxygen begging for help.

And the way he held her tight...she was having butterflies in her stomach.

"Um...is this part of your apology speech?" She had to ruin the moment.

"Sorry." He let out a short laugh. "Shouldn't have done that." He put his curly locks behind and let her go giving each other some distance.

"Done what?"

"You know shouldn't have touched you like that."

"Oh." Finally she could breathe.

"By the way do you forgive me?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

Who wouldn't forgive him after want he had just done to her?

"Really?

"You are forgiven Dwight."

"Thank you." He smiled at her.

Danny and Dawn caught up with them down the hallway.

"Guys...you won't believe what's gonna happen today." Dawn told the couple.

"What?" Victoria and Dwight said at once.

"Remember the math test madam Simpson gave us?" Danny asked them both.

"Yes." Victoria and Dwight nodded.

"Well it turns out it wasn't just any ordinary simple test." Danny went on.

"What do you mean?" Victoria shook her head.

"Apparently from what I hear is that only top 10 students who scored the highest grades will get to meet the fresh diplomat of the country and also get to have lunch with him." Dawn explained.

"What?" The pair were both shocked with what the couple just told them obviously the worst and best news of the day so far.

"Yeah. Plus we hear that the said diplomat is a genius in math." Danny added.

"Where did you get all these stuff?" Dwight asked obviously still in shock.

"You know everyone is talking about it." Dawn smirked.

"Plus its not like as if Los Calabasas can keep secrets. Its walls have ears." Danny added.

"That's basically true." Victoria rolled her eyes.

"Who is the diplomat? Have you heard of him anyway?" Dwight was still bothered by the news.

"No. We hear it's top secret." Dawn replied.

"Oh God I hope I made it to the best students. It sounds like the lunch with the mentioned diplomat will be fun. Don't you guys think?" Victoria was optimistic about the news.

Her friends looked at each other with minimal hopes not wanting to comment a single word.

"Yeah. You're just saying that because you know that you nailed it." Dwight threw his hands in the air.

"Oh come on Dwight. Don't be like that. I believe you did well too. All of us did well even if we won't be among the top ten students but am sure we tried." She held his arm.

"Thanks." He smiled at her.

"So...did you guys patch things up?" Danny asked after seeing them holding hands.

"Looks like it." Dawn jumped in.

"Yes we did. Besides its not like as if Victoria can stay mad at me for that long." He winked at her and Victoria punched his belly playfully.

The squad laughed and the bell rang and they rushed all the way to class in laughter.