Chapter 11

"The movie is now over. Stop staring." Danny yelled at the other students.

Dawn was worn out. She threw herself on one of the chairs and bit her cookie.

"Hey are you okay?" Danny asked her while he grabbed a chair and pulled it close to where she sat and sat down.
Dawn ran her fingers through her hair that was let down and said,"Never been better."

Danny held her hands tightly and looked into her eyes for quite some time and said,"I'm here for you. I won't let anything bad happen to you."

"Danny please stop. You already heard everything Hazel said about me. I am so fake. I don't deserve to be somewhere near people like you. You know...people who walk with credit cards worth millions!"

"So you're saying you don't wanna be near me?" Danny asked.

"No...that's not what I meant. I mean don't you feel ashamed of me now? I mean...look at me."

"I don't care what people think or say about you. I like you for who you are and not because you dont own a Royce." Danny said. "Really?" Dawn asked him shyly.

"Yes. And don't worry about Hazel. She's not the boss of me."
"But she said I should stay out of your life too." "So are you telling me you don't wanna be a part of my life just because Hazel threatened you?"

"No...you don't get it. I mean....I don't want people to get the wrong impression that am...um...you know...using you." Dawn explained as she went through her hair again.

"Oh I see." Said Danny.
"I don't want them to call me names such as a gold digger,a low lifer etc era etc era."
Danny then put a strand of Dawn's hair behind her left ear then again gazed deep into her eyes making Dawn melt with emotions from inside.

She breathed louder and heavier than normal. Her lungs were filled with a large volume of air like as if she was breathing her last. She loved Danny's chocolate eyes. A lot. Especially his long lashes that made her a bit envious of him.

She liked his soft hands so much. They were the soft hands of a wealthy guy who played tennis.

"Dawn!" He called out her name making her aware of his presence.
"I'll always be here for you. I'll always protect you. Trust me. No one will make fun of you or call you names especially when am around."

He then kissed her forehead.
For once in her life at Los Calabasas, Dawn felt appreciated as a person and not for her outside personality.

"Thanks."she answered calmly in a smile. He smiled back. Then the bell rang for other classes and the both of them had to rush for the classes.

From that day, Danny built a confidence in Dawn that struck her a lifetime.