Chapter 53

Not edited!!!

The Banks and Bakers family met that night at the Banks exquisite mansion for family dinner.

They were to discuss issues concerning the upcoming advert company partnership between Dwight and Hazel.

Dwight never understood why his father had to deal with Hazel's family. He just wanted to leave that place that instant.

But he couldn't. He was doing it for his dad so he tried to put on his best behaviors ignoring Hazel completely like as if she didn't exist in that room.

The parents got along well with lots of conversations going on.

Lots of cheers and understanding except for the kids who were bored to death especially Dwight. Hazel was bored but not that much for she was enjoying Dwight's presence.

Sandy realised that the two were not present in the moment and she must've thought that something serious between them had happened.

"So it is a closed deal. Right Arthur?" Sandy smiled at him hoping he'd say yes because she knew how unpredictable Arthur could be.

"Yes of course." Arthur affirmed making Sandy and Howard overjoyed.

Sandy drank her red wine nonstop showing her happiness.

"By the end of this month we'll look into the best luxurious things we can put in the store and open it right away." Arthur went on putting a forkful of chicken salad in his mouth.

"That's a good idea Arthur." Howard stated.

"We can have the stuff imported from countries like India, South Africa, Kenya, Britain and Australia." He concluded.

"Or even Scotland." Well sandy wasn't sure why she said that but she did anyway.

Perhaps it was the wine effect that was taking over her but she saw Dwight's face light up a bit and she knew that she had caught his attention.

Dwight cleared his throat and intervened in the conversation.

"Excuse me...but why Scotland?" He was part of the meeting anyway so he had to ask.

"Because I hear that's where good things come from. Besides I also hear that you like their breeds so I'd like to know what interests you that much about Scotland." Sandy was being cynical.

Dwight knew exactly what she was talking about.

Victoria.

Hazel must've told her mother about Victoria already. Or even bad mouthed her. There was no way that she could let Hazel get away with this.

"Hazel can I have a word with you for a minute?" Dwight rose from his seat.

"Sure." Hazel did the same and followed Dwight to wherever he was going.

The parents knew what was about to happen but they just hoped it wouldn't be another fight.

"They'll be fine." Sandy commented clearly knowing that hell was about to break loose.

Hazel directed Dwight to the kitchen and the servants who were busy inside there gave them space.

She knew that she was in big trouble.

"Before you say.."

"Hazel what is the meaning of this? Huh?" Dwight barked at her.

"Calm down."

"I can't calm down. What was your mother talking about a while ago?" He was infuriated.

"I don't know." She defended herself.

"Goddamit." He clenched his fists and punched his right arm on the wall making Hazel shriek.

"Of course you know what she was talking about. Listen Hazel, I am only tolerating you because I don't have a choice. Our parents get along fine and I don't have a problem with that but to be honest...I can't stand you. I can't stand your filthy cheap manners a bit."

Hazel saw the disgust that was in his eyes. She disgusted him. And to think that there was once a time that the same man who spoke with so much disgust towards her was the same man who wore dreamy lovey eyes towards her.

How did he change so quickly? Where did the sweet old romantic caring Dwight go?

Whatever he just said hurt her feelings. He didn't have mercy in her and he was being ruthless and mean to her.

"So it hurts right? It hurts so much when you see Victoria walk away from you right? Is that why you made her stay?"

"Yes. I made her stay because I cannot bear the thought of losing her. Because every time she walks away is torture. Do you get it?"

Bastard!

Hazel slapped her.

She didn't know how or why she did it but yeah she did it and it felt so good to do that to him.

"You ungrateful idiot! I was always here for you. I have always been there for you. Not even a day did it ever cross my mind to walk away from you. Now that Victoria is here,you have the guts to tell me that you can't live without her?" She pointed a finger at him.

She was in pain.

Dwight saw the tears that were forming up in her eyes and dammit...she hated seeing Hazel cry even though that wasn't his intention.

"And why is that so? Is it because she's a Princess from a Royal family and I'm not?"

This conversation was going nowhere.

"You said it correct. I cannot live without her. And I'm sorry if you think I like her because of her roots. No Hazel. Unlike you...I'm not picky. I don't get to choose who comes into my life and who doesn't. I like Victoria because I see goodness in her." Dwight tried not to shout this time.

Slap!

He received another hot slap.

Why is that girls like to slap him? Victoria slapped him and now Hazel?

"Bastard! Selfish brat." Hazel wiped her tears. Dwight had just unleashed the beast inside of her.

"I was always down for you. I was ready to do anything for you. Is this how you repay me?" She pointed towards her chest tears welling down her cheeks no matter how hard she tried to wipe them.

Their parents heard their conversation and were now worried. They decided to see what was going on.

They followed them in the kitchen.

"What is going on here?" Sandy saw her daughter cry.

Arthur saw his son's face red due to the slaps he had received.

Sandy rushed towards Hazel and cuddled her.

She was still sobbing in pain.

"I think its best if we just leave." Arthur grabbed his son by his arm.

"Sure Arthur. We'll keep in touch." Howard was rather disappointed but still they shook hands and bade goodbye.

When Dwight left the kitchen Hazel let out a loud painful cry.

Dwight's words cut deeper than a knife.

"Its okay Hazel I'll make you some tea. Go to your room." Sandy calmed her down and watched Hazel take off briskly to her room.

The parents were both speechless.

"When were having a meeting next time,don't involve our kids in it." Howard warned sandy as he decided to follow Hazel to her room to console her.