Chapter 49

Victoria was bored the entire day. She had no one to talk to even though Luke was around.

But he wasn't that helpful.

He was no longer the same Luke she used to know. Not the goofy,cheerful, crazy Luke he fell in...not the same Luke.

He was being too formal and too serious. She went to the garden area just to have some fresh air.

Wherever she went,Luke was there. Whatever she did,he was watching making her feel super uncomfortable.

She felt like this kinda protection was overrated.

"For how long will you just stand there Luke?"

"Its my job ma'am. I have to stand to be alert."

"Well aren't you feeling worn out? I mean you've been like that since morning."

"I have to ma'am. Its part of the job description."

"What if you wanna pee or something?" She grunted.

"I can handle it ma'am."

Victoria was pissed out already with him.

"Why are you being so professional? Why are you calling me ma'am?" Victoria tittered.

"Because it is necessary...ma'am." He reluctantly said the last word with unease.

"Ugh!" Victoria was pissed off again. She was tired of hearing the word ma'am.

"Listen Luke. I am your boss now. And as your employer I order you not to call me ma'am. Its just...so annoying"

"But..."
"No buts Luke. Listen it's me Victoria. The same 14 year old girl you once knew. Your best friend. You don't have to be afraid of me just because my mum hired you. She's not here. So just be casual..please." Victoria tried to be calm around him.

"Of course." Luke nodded.

"Good."
She then saw how unease and tensed he was crossing his legs together.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Vikks...can I use your washroom?"

"Upstairs on your left." She directed him in a giggle.

She watched him briskly take off upstairs.

She was also glad that he was now warmer. He even called her Vikks.

Only Luke used to address her that way and she was even happier to know that he never forgot how he used to call her.

She then heard the door bell ring and she went for it. To her surprise it was Dawn, Danny and Dwight.

"Hey Princess!" Danny smiled at her lightening up the mood.

"Hey Danny what's up?" She responded back in the same energy.

"What's up with you? Locking yourself all alone in the house?" Danny added eyeing the whole house as he found himself a couch to sit on.

"How embarrassing right?" Victoria was shying out rubbing the back of her neck giving Dwight far glances.

Dawn had already gone upstairs avoiding Victoria.

Dwight saw how she gave him quick glances and smiled at himself.

She melted inside to see him smile and know that he had no hard feelings on her.

"Its nice to see you again." Dwight broke the awkwardness between them both.

"Yeah. Me too." She bit her lower lip in a smile.

They then heard Dawn scream at the top of her lungs rushing towards them making everyone panic.