Chapter 4

"Dawn!"
Leslie called her as Dawn was about to touch the door knob and leave for school. "You forgot your keys." She said and threw them to her. Dawn got a catch of the keys.
"Or should I say Max's keys?" She concluded.
"That's not funny." Dawn said. "Its not funny either with what you are doing. Dawn, you don't need such a fancy car to prove to your friends that you are worth their type. That's not how friendship works." Leslie said.

"I don't wanna be lectured."said Dawn angrily. "I am telling you the truth and am sorry Miss if it hurts you or not but you better return that car to the owner now."
"Why do you care about the car so much?" "I don't care about the damn car I care about you. You are wasting your time trying to prove yourself superior to people who don't even value you. If Hazel and the rest are real friends, they would accept you for who you are and not for your material items."

"Mum, I'm getting late for school. Now please just stop talking."
"Dawn, Max called me last night when you were at Hazel's."
"What!" "Yes." Said Leslie as she went towards Dawn and touched her hands. "How did he get your number?" Dawn asked. "I don't know sweetheart but I hear he's an IT hacker so he must have hacked me down." "What?" Dawn panicked. "He said he owes you 5000 dollars." Leslie said.

Dawn was speechless. "Dawn...I can't afford such a debt at this moment. He said he wants his money soon so we should get his money by the end of the week."

"But I promised him I'll get his money next Tuesday." Dawn said.
"And where will that money come from?" Leslie asked her. "I...I...I don't...I don't know." Dawn was already teary.

"No matter what happens, we are in this together." Leslie then kissed Dawn's forehead. "Bye mum." She said. Leslie waved bye at her and watched her go.