Chapter 57

Not edited!

Howard was surprised to see Arthur in his office premises.

It was unusual for Arthur Bakers to show up unexpectedly at someone's working place.

"Arthur my man!" He received him whole heartfelt.

"Howard." Arthur hugged him.

"Take a seat." Howard pointed towards the chair that was in front of his big desk.

"As you can see I am somehow busy but I believe I can spare some little time for you." Howard loosened his black tie.

"Thank you Howard but I plan to make this quick."

Howard wondered what brought him there. It must've been something important and serious since with the looks of his face he was not even smiling.

"Go on. Am all ears." Howard rubbed his temples already stressing out on what Arthur had to say.

"I wanted to inform you that I am not pushing forward with the plans of setting up a business with your family." Arthur was confident.

Howard tried to find some joke on hi s statement but this man never made jokes.

Why would he say that when the previous night they agreed that the deal was on.

He was just as arrogant as his son who was hurting his daughter by the way.

"Why sudden change? I thought the deal was on." Howard rubbed his chin clearly confused about his sudden decision.

"Well you thought wrong my friend." Arthur unbuttoned his black suit.

"And may I know why you are backing out from the deal? I told you we can support ourselves. If you want we can rearrange the program again
I say we give away 70% while you take 30%."

"Howard Howard. Arthur touched his forehead his eyes gazed on the floor.

Howard probably wasn't getting his point. All he was trying to do was protect his son.

After what Dwight told him the other day...he felt the urge and the need to protect and do things right for him.

At least once act as a father to him.

"Its not about what you can offer. I know you can give away lot more than the 70% you can do 100% if you want I believe that. I believe in you. I don't want you to think that I am underestimating your financial capabilities because I am not. But it just dawned to me that we cannot be business partners. Not when our kids are involved in it."

Now Howard finally understood his decision. He was a father too and he understood his intentions.

He took in a deep breath then rose from his seat and gave Arthur his back facing towards the window.

"So is this about Hazel and Dwight?

"Yes. I hope you understand me."

"Yeah. Yeah I understand. I mean you're right. Not when our kids are involved. Besides what do they know about business aye?" Howard tittered.

"Exactly." Arthur rose from his seat as well. "Atleast you get my point here." He concluded.

Howard turned back to face him.

Surely Arthur was a clever man. Always putting his family first and he admired that about him.

"I hope you don't take it that personal Howard."

"Aaah its nothing. Trust me,we're good." Howard shrugged throwing his hand in the air.

"Am glad." Arthur smiled then left his office.