Chapter 33

"Look who's here?" Leslie said as she opened the door for Dwight who stood at the doorstep.

"Hi Mrs Anderson." Dwight greeted calmly.

"Hello,come on in. We've been waiting for you." Leslie offered a warm smile as she led him inside to the dining area.

Dawn and Victoria were already seated at the table impatiently waiting for him to arrive.

"Thank God you're here. I was starving." Dawn said as she grabbed a plate.

Dwight gave Victoria a small wink and she gracefully smiled back looking away shyly to the table.

Dawn saw what happened.

Love birds!

She groaned at this. At that point all she wanted was just food.

Dwight sat next to Leslie and Dawn next to Victoria.

Without wasting time they all served themselves the green colored pasta with fried chicken.

"So Dawn. About that exquisite kiss you shared with....what's his name again?" Leslie started the conversation.

Dawn was pissed at this.

"Mum stop it." She whined at her.

"Oh yes. I remember now. Danny." Leslie proceeded.

The kids looked at each other with embarrassment.

Dwight couldn't believe what he heard. Did Danny just kiss Dawn?

What? Where? Why? And when?

He decided to clear his throat.

"Great." Dawn growled.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Leslie went on as she held her glass of red wine clearly knowing that Dawn was pissed off at this because of the glare that she gave her was...horrifying.

"No he's not." Dawn snapped at her.

"I'm sorry to interfere but I don't get a thing here. I mean you and Danny kissed?" Dwight shook his head.

"Yes we did." Dawn shrugged.

"Wow!" Dwight smiled. "He didn't tell me about it." He went on as he wiped his lips with the serviette that was placed on the table.

"Perhaps he will tell you about it later." Victoria jumped in the conversation awkwardly sipping her juice.

"So are you two just hooking up?" Leslie continued to ask.

Dawn was bothered by her questions.

Not only is she nosy but she is a pesterer as well. Dawn thought to herself.

She put her fork down and and slid adjusted her sitting position by sitting straight with her arms on the table.

"Mum,stay out of this. You're embarrassing me in front of his cousin."

"Which cousin?" Leslie furrowed her eyebrows while looking around the room.

"Me." Dwight half rose his hand.

"Oh I see." Leslie nodded her head. "That's why you don't wanna talk about it."

"Actually I don't wanna talk about this with you." Dawn said.

"Why? I am your mother."Leslie smirked.

"Yeah but its not like as if you always tell me what's going on in your life." Dawn clamoured at her mother.