Chapter 60

I'm back guys! Here's another chapter of She's Different!

Hope you'll like it. And again my apologies for updating it on a time like this...so here we go! And oh!🙃 it's not edited so am sorry if there'll be any grammatical mistakes ❤️. I love y'all ❤️

The students who did madam Simpson's test finally got their results.

The top ten lucky students were Dawn, Victoria, Dwight Danny,Krystal,Paige, Brandon, Shannon, Erica and Max.

Their principal called them and finally they got the chance to meet the said Diplomat who surprisingly happened to be Dawn's father.

Hazel was infuriated that she didn't make it to top ten but she had better plans to do like planning her birthday which was on the weekend.

Dawn was excited to see her father in school moreso when she heard the news that he was a Diplomat.

After a while, Dawn caught up with her dad as they walked through the hallway of the school all eyes on her as the other students glossed about her everywhere.

"Oh dad! Why didn't you tell me that you were coming?"She hugged him tight.

"I wanted it to be a surprise. So surprise!"

"Dad,this is the best surprise ever! I am so sure mum would be pleased too." Dawn pulled back from the hug.

"About your mother..." Carl shrugged his shoulders while his hands were in his black sleek trouser pockets.

"Hasn't she told you that I was planning to come back home?" He concluded.

"No. She hasn't said anything." Dawn shook her head. "Why? Do you really wanna come live with us again?" She couldn't hold back her smile. This was the best day of her life.

"Yes sweetie." He stopped walking and father and daughter stood in the hallway chatting about their domestic life.

"But you see,I don't think she'll agree to it. She's still pushing through with the anullment." He rubbed his chin knowing whatever he just said would break his daughter's heart.

"I know dad. But let's face it. What you did was wrong. So I can understand why she would still insist on that."

"But do you really want that?"

"No dad. I want you back in our lives again. You must come home. I really miss you so so much."

"I miss you too sweetheart." He kissed her forehead.

"Uncle Carl!" Victoria approached them.

"My Victoria!"Carl was in awe. "You've grown up so big and tall plus a math genius." Carl complimented in a laugh reaching out to hug her niece.

"I guess it runs in the family." Victoria remarked in a smile pulling away from the hug.

"So what brings you here?' Carl went on wanting to know more about her long lost niece.

"Um.." Victoria cleared her throat. "School."

"Are you sure it's just school? Vikki,I know what happened to your dad and it was such a tragedy. I am so sorry I couldn't make it to the funeral plus I am so sorry for your loss."

"Oh Uncle..it's okay. Am past that now. Let's look forward to the future." She half smiled. She never liked anyone bringing back the nostalgic moments she had with her father not that her uncle was doing it on purpose but she wanted to be a better person and grow from the loss of her dad.

Suddenly...Carl got a call and he picked it up.

"On my way." He hang up and faced the girls.

"Ladies...I gotta go now but I'll catch up with the both of you soon I promise. Dawn...call me incase you need anything and Victoria...I'm so glad I've seen you again after such a long time. You two girls take care of each other and be kind to one another. I'll see you around." He then kissed both of their forehead and left them on the spot.

______________________________________

"Guys did you get that text?" Dawn asked her gang who were all having dinner at her house.

"What text?" Dwight wiped his lips with a serviette after putting a forkful of pasta through his mouth.

"Turn on your phones." Dawn instructed.

"Oh my gosh! Is this foreal?" Victoria gasped after seeing the text Dawn was talking about.

"Yeah. So surreal." Danny scoffed.

"Okay. Phones down. " Dawn's mother; Leslie ordered them.

The kids put their phones on the table.

"Why is she doing this?" Victoria shook her head her furrowing her brows.

"Doing what?" Dwight asked.

"Didn't you read that text? Hazel is throwing a party this Friday and she has us all invited." Dawn explained to Dwight who seemed unbothered about the text.

"Yeah...what's wrong with that text?" Danny scoffed. It was pretty clear that the boys weren't getting Hazel's message clear. Whatever Hazel sent through the text was obviously a set up. And it bothered the girls so much that they didn't care that much about Hazel's fishy intentions.

"Danny!" Dawn clamoured. "Isn't it obvious that she doesn't like me? So why did she invite me?"

"Yeah me too."Victoria rose her hand."we don't get along so this is all weird. Which reminds me,where the hell did she get my number?"

"It's Max. Her spy." Dwight slid in his seat obviously full from Miss Leslie's dinner. "That dude knows everything about everyone in school."

"Oh! Maybe it's because she found out that your dad is the diplomat now."Danny blathered out.

Everyone gave him a dary look.

"What did you just say?" Leslie spit the water she was drinking.

"Oh! My bad!" Danny shrugged.

There was tension in the room for some seconds. Most especially between Dawn and her mum.

"Um..guys? Who wants to watch the stars with me?" Victoria knew what was about to happen and decided to break the tension in the room.

"Yeah. Am in. Danny let's go watch the sky."Dwight grabbed Danny from his seat while mother and daughter watched the trio walk out of the dining room while waiting for the other to start a conversation.

"What's going on Dawn?"

"Mum.."Dawn took a deep breath preparing her words to make her mother understand.

"Recently we did a math test. Nobody expected it to turn out big."

"So?.."Leslie was impatient. The fact that her ex husband turned out to be the new diplomat of the state was shocking and scary as well.

It meant that he now has more power and he could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. Even if it meant taking Dawn away from....

No! No!

Those thoughts were the last thing she tried to think of. She couldn't let her daughter see her that vulnerable. At least not for now.

"So the best top ten students which includes me,Vikki, Dwight, Danny and the other six met the country's diplomat who so happens to be my dad. Carl Anderson."

"Really?" Leslie banged the table in fury.

"Yeah. I saw him mum and we talked. He said he talked to you about coming back home but you don't want that."

"Yeah. He's not welcomed here!"

"But mum!I miss him so much." Dawn whined.

Leslie got up from her seat infuriated with whatever Dawn was telling her. Carl was the last person she wanted to associate with at the moment. Moreso when it came to matters including her daughter.

"You're forgetting what he did to us. He left us remember? Without a single penny because he was so stuck up with his fucking mistress. I don't want him in my house! Tell him that! Just because he has a better job now doesn't mean he can manipulate us with his money. And if you really do miss him that much...why don't you go live with him?!" She then stormed out of the dining angry and rushed to her room living her daughter confused and heart broken.