Chapter 63

Chapter 63

~Lily's POV~

I felt movement beside me and slowly opened my eyes, I looked around the room to see it was still empty. More movement next to me caused me to look down and I saw Jawad staring up at me, I let out a shaky breath and tried to hold back my tears.

"'Ama?" he croaked out as tears slid down his face.

I reached over to wipe them, "Yes, baby boy?"

"You're okay?" He sniffled nuzzling into my chest and I bit my lip.

I managed to get out, "Yes, we're okay..."

I felt the tears slid down my cheeks and I bit my lip to stop myself from sobbing, I definitely wasn't okay but he wouldn't understand that. I held him to me and tried to remain calm, but it was proving to be tough. I heard the door open and close and I turned my head to see who came in, I instinctively tightened my grip on Jawad. It was dark in the room the only light coming from a crack in the curtains which stopped over the bed. The figure moved closely and soon I could make out Zayn.

He looked at me with a pained expression and moved to come sit next to the bed, he placed a hand on my back and with the other touched the top of Jawad's head. He looked so broken and hurt, I saw him bite his lip as tears flowed down his face.

"You shouldn't be here," I whispered.

"He is my son! Or did you forget that?" Zayn scoffed as he pulled away.

"That's not what I meant...you were hit twice...you should be in bed," I said replied.

"Well, I'm not so get over it," Zayn grumbled.

I jumped at his harsh words and accidently tightened my grip on Jawad, Zayn sighed and Jawad let out a grunt.

"'Ama, to tight," Jawad whispered quietly.

I immediately let go of him and he sat up moving to lay across me, I shifted to lay flat on my back. Jawad turned his attention to his dad.

"You okay?" he whispered and his dad shook his head.

Zayn sighed, "I'm okay bud but that's not important, are you okay?"

"Yes...are you still mad?" Jawad whispered and Zayn looked hurt.

He again shook his head, "No, m'not mad...I'm sorry I hurt your feelings."

Jawad nodded and moved up to kiss my cheek, "Baba's not mad no more, you guys are friends now."

I nodded and turned to look at Zayn as Jawad moved to lay his head on my chest, I bit my lip holding back a sob. Zayn sighed and turned to look away, I looked up at the ceiling and reached up to card my fingers through Jawad's hair. I soon felt a hand holding mine, Zayn squeezed it gently but we remained quiet.

After a while the nurse walked in and noticed we were all in here and Jawad was awake, he left again and then came back with a tray of food. Jawad sat up and began to eat while the doctor went over Jawad's condition. Jawad suffered from internal bleeding but they were able to go in and fix it so he would be okay, he would need to rest and keep him movements to a minimum. After giving us the information, the nurse left and the room went back to silence.

*A while later*

Jawad fell back to sleep after talking his father and my ears off, I sighed and moved to get up. I was feeling stiff and I need to get up and move, I could feel Zayn watching me from where he sat. I pulled down the shorts Sophia had brought me and walked over the wall and then back to the end of the bed. I did it two more times and then came to a stop at the end of the bed, my body feeling sore and tired.