Chapter 42

Chapter 42

~Lily's POV~

*A week Later*

Tonight was going to be interesting, I was trying to be as optimistic as possible about having to go to this stupid dinner but it was hard. After everything that's been happening I would prefer to stay home but Harry literally begged me to just go, so I agreed and now I was stuck feeling...weird. My phone rang and I turned away from the closet to go answer it, it was Niall.

"Hello?" I asked confused, he was the one person I didn't expect to call me.

"Hey there...so I was wondering would you be bringing a dish...Niall...what? Eleanor's cooking is shit and you know it!" Niall asked Darcy being heard in the background.

I chuckled and shook my head, "I wasn't planning on it but if you would like me too...I could I guess?"

"Yes! Thank you otherwise I would have starved, Darcy won't cook because Eleanor is and Eleanor can't cook...like that might be why Louis is always in a bad mood," Niall exclaimed and I heard Darcy yell at him again.

I looked at the door when it opened and Harry walked in, "Yeah well what would you like me to cook?"

"Fish...and...pasta! Fish and pasta! I am having a craving for both you know? So those to please?" Niall asked.

"Got it, it will be there when I get there okay? Oh will you ask Darcy for me if she could possibly tell me what she's wearing?" I replied and Niall choked.

After a small coughing fit and Darcy asking was he okay he answered, "I ask you to make food and you hit on my woman? Well...I guess I can let this go this once. She'll be wearing a white cocktail dress that stops at her thighs and white heels...oh she said the sleeves have lace...wait why the fuck do they have lace?"

"Okay thanks," I quickly said hanging up before I could witness them yelling.

I turned to Harry who looked at me with a somewhat sad expression, I smiled softly and went back to picking out my outfit. It seemed like they were all dressing up yet it was full on pouring outside. I decided that I would dress super nice just not in a dress nice, I walked over to my shirts and I pulled out a black long-sleeved shirt and inspected it; it was a simple yet cute shirt. It had a deep V-neck that would show off my chest and the fabric was soft. I decided this was the shirt I was going to wear, I went and sat it on the bed. I walked back into the closet and turned to look at my bottom half options; the options were leggings, jeggings, or jeans. I didn't want to wear a skirt because then I would have to wear tights and that was just too much work. I pulled out a pair of black jeggings and a dark blue pair, I looked between them. The black ones are my favorite but then I would be wearing all black...and the dark wash jeans are super cute on me...dark wash it is!

I put the black jeans away and carried the dark wash jeans to the bed, I then looked at what shoes I would wear. Due to the rain black shoes were preferable because I didn't want the other's to be ruined. I pulled out my black heels that had a cute buckle on them, they also were closed toed so my feet would be covered completely. The fabric on them was soft and they were very comfortable to walk in, I went and placed them at the end of the bed. I was suddenly being spun around and I looked up to see Harry looking down at me.

"Are you okay?" He whispered and I just shrugged.

I sighed, "Does it matter?"

Harry looked at me confused and then pulled away, he had a pained expression on his face. I walked to the door but turned back to him when he went to speak.

"Yes, it does matter...Lily please...I am begging you don't...I don't want to fight with you, not again," he whispered and I nodded.

I let out another sigh and just smiled sadly, "Then it's probably best we don't talk until this is over...okay?"