Chapter 39

Chapter 39

~Lily's POV~

*A week later*

I pushed the door open and Jawad ran over to me, I smiled down at him. He put his arms up to be picked up and I bent down so I could do so. I walked into the kitchen to get a water with Jawad on my hip, I used my free hand to pull out my headphones.

Jawad stroked my hair, "Where did you go 'Ama?"

"I went for a run," I answered opening the fridge after I set my headphones down on the counter.

Jawad giggled, "Why would you do that? Were there zombies?"

I laughed and shook my head as I grabbed the water bottle and Jawad looked at me confused. I shut the fridge and then set Jawad down, he took off out of the kitchen. I opened the water bottle and took a drink, the water felt so nice. Zayn walked in with Jawad in his arms as Jawad told Zayn I was running.

"But Baba there were no zombies! She was just doing it!" Jawad exclaimed throwing himself back and Zayn quickly caught him and looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Look what you did! You exhausted him due to you running without being chased!" Zayn huffed causing Jawad and I to chuckle.

I set my water down and leaned onto the counter, "Yeah well it wasn't intentional, next time I will make sure there are zombies."

"Good," Zayn laughed and Jawad giggled.

I reached up to push my hair from my face, "So what's been happening?"

Zayn set Jawad down he ran out of the kitchen screaming zombies, Zayn raised a brow and looked at me. I shrugged and went to take another drink of my water.

"For one he's not allowed to watch anymore zombie movies..."

"Hey!" Jawad shouted from the living room cutting Zayn off.

I chuckled along with Zayn, Zayn continued, "Second nothing much...Harry has Niall and a few others rigging the other island and Liam and Louis have been going over their weapons. Everything is kind of just chill...well as chill as it can be."

"So much for a war...not saying I would like to be under fire all the time or anything...just saying I thought it would be different," I said standing up as Zayn walked to come sit at the table.

I turned my attention to him and he scoffed, "Sorry this isn't living up to your expectations, should I order the others to bomb the island or something?"

"No, that's not...I just meant that I thought it would be like underground bunkers and shit, you know hideouts and stuff..." I said shaking my head and Zayn laughed.

He leaned forward in his seat, "Stop watching movies kid, it's not like that. Planning...having a course of action, knowing who, when, where, and how to strike. Although I am just as surprised as you at this but things have changed...we have changed."

I looked at him confused, what was that supposed to mean. Was he talking about him and Harry or them as a whole group? And what exactly does he mean by changed, I mean Zayn definitely has changed; he went from being a prick to being less of a prick due to having Jawad. But Harry...well I can't say that he hasn't changed in terms of our relationship but I think as a person he's still pretty much the same. Its all death and getting even with him, he doesn't care much about anyone or anything...well besides his family but even then it is kind of questionable.

"I don't get what you mean..." I said going to walk over to him.

Zayn sat back and turned his head, I went to sit at the tabled across from him. He cleared his throat and then turned to look at me.