Preface

Preface

~Narrator POV~

The streets of London haven't been safe for over Fifteen years, due to the take over by The Order. Gangs were tired of following the rules of the government and the government fell to Anarchy. After years of power struggle, The Order was formed to help eliminate some of the power struggle. The six major gang leaders came to an agreement. Anileis Thanatos, Mavros, Pagomenos, Fovos, Atromitos, and Klapei made a treaty stating that the leaders of each gang will form a government and for each house or organization they will have territory in which they reside. None of the gangs are to cross the other's territory or to engage with each other, unless it's The Order. They made the laws and handled the punishment and they spread fear. This wasn't just in London though, this was everywhere. Gangs were taking over and only the strong and rich would survive.

~Harry's POV 13~

"You're worthless! The both of you!" my father was in a rage.

He walked in on my mother and a stranger and now he was furious. I sat in a corner balled up and in pain. He beat me for it, because I didn't tell. He now stood over my mother and the other man.

"I gave you everything! And you go and fuck a low life! You're a slut and sluts don't deserve to live!" He shouted pointing a gun at my mother.

I could only watch in horror as he threatened my mother's life. Suddenly the other man stood up and tackled my father, they fell to the floor in a heap which gave my mom time to run over to me.

"Get up! Get up now we have to go we have to get out," She screamed pulling me to stand up and then we ran...

Two months later

We left again, I told her it wouldn't be different, and she didn't listen to me, she wouldn't. We managed to escape once again with our lives, but it was a close one. After we ran the first time, we managed to go somewhere to hide, but he found us and made her all these promises. He told her he was sorry, but I knew better and the moment we got back it only took two weeks and he went to beating her. He tossed her around and called her all kinds of names, and if I was around I got it too.

Now here we are again running, and I was sure that if he caught us again, we would be dead. We arrived at a crummy house on the outside of Manchester. Mom said that even though it wasn't much it was something and that I should be more appreciative. Though if it wasn't for her, I would be at home right now watching the "telly" and enjoying my toys. And if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have seen how crazy my father was, and I wouldn't know that he never loved me. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have been stabbed in the side by my father, because I was trying to protect my mother.

I left the house to go and look around, I always lived in the city. I always had a nice house and nice things, so this was like an adventure and I was curious about its wonders. I was walking down the sidewalk my eyes wondering around, when I was stopped by some kids.

"Oi, look it's a new kid," one shouted to the others.

"What's your name mate," The other snickered.

"Harry, m'names Harry," I answered in confusion.

"Want to play?" the first kid that shouted asked.

I looked at them as they smiled waiting for my answer. I nodded and they motioned for me to follow. We went into an alley and confusion was written on my face.

"What are we doing in here?" I asked looking around.

"Playing," one of the kids answered.