He then takes Ezra's hand, and began walking towards her. Astrid couldn't move or talk. Every word that came from Hayden pierced her heart like a bullet. Hayden walked right past her, but then stopped for a moment.

"And my name's Night Fury. Get that right, Hofferson." And with that, he walked away with Ezra, leaving Astrid alone.

That's when she broke down. Astrid had always been so self-conscious when she cried but now she just gave way to the enormity of her grief. She sobbed into her hands and the tears dripped between her fingers, raining down onto the parched soil. Her breathing was ragged, gasping and the strength left her legs. She sank to her knees not caring about the grit that dug into her knees. She was noisy, her skin was blotched but there was no-one there to witness it let alone come to comfort her. She cried until no more tears came, but still the emptiness and sorrow remained. She had found Hayden, and at the same time, lost him.

Isla Guatemala
8:23 A.M.
Mission Odin Status: Success

.......................................

3 days after the battle.

Everyone was gathered in beaches of San Clemente Island. Both companies of Drakos and Valhalla watched the scene unfold. Bows and pitch-dipped arrows were gathered from the battlefield. In the waters, hundreds of small boats were floating. Each boat contained a shroud of a fallen Drakos agent, ready to be sent to the afterlife.

Night Fury, now wearing a mask and civilian clothing, stood in front of the crowd, holding a long bow and a single black arrow, "Tip the boats!" he ordered. People holding long metal poles began pushing the boats into the water, allowing them to sail slowly to the ocean. Once they were about 35 meters away, Night Fury drew back his arrow as small flame began to spark on the arrowhead, until it burst into flames.

"May the Valkyries welcome you, and lead you through Odin's great battlefield. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we might hear it rise from the heights of Valhalla... and know that you've taken your rightful place at the table of kings."

And with that, he releases his arrow, which sails through the air and lands on the deck of a boat, igniting the wood, and causing the entire boat to catch on flames. The rest of the agents followed his lead. They drew back their arrows in unison, allowing their arrowheads to spark and burst into flames. Then, they released the arrows. Thousands of flaming arrows sailed over the waters and lands on the boats, causing them to catch on fire as well.

"For a great warrior has fallen." Everyone stated, as it echoes throughout the entire area. Sobs could be heard from the crowd. Some were left grief-stricken, falling down to their knees and wept. Some had emotionless expressions on their faces like Night Fury. Even the strange creatures of Valhalla felt the sadness of the humans, and lowered their heads.

Cutthroat stared emptily across the vast ocean, watching Atali's boat burn down and sink. He sighed and twirled out a throwing knife from his belt, and then released it, allowing it dig itself on the rocky sand. He then slid off his backpack, and pulled out a Gronkle Iron tomahawk. Atali's tomahawk. With a swing, he buried the tomahawk together with the knife in the sand.

"Rest in peace, Atali. I'll take care of the others." He said to no one in particular, allowing the wind to carry his words to his sister.

Astrid bowed her head in respect for the dead. Then, when she raised her head, her eyes unconsciously wandered to Night Fury, who was explaining to a confused Ezra on why they were burning boats.