I ended up being the last to arrive in the conference room. "Good morning people, we don't have a lot of time so we'll get right to it. Style, what have you got for me."

"Why the 90s belly button ring should make a comeback?"

I smiled, "reason number one, I have one and I love it. I need someone else to write about the fine line between self-expression and professionalism. Max, you're perfect. Make it sound better and give it a catchy title. You're good at that. Let's talk multiple piercings, tattoos, a fashion sense that's out there."

"Sounds good."

"Amazing, what have we got for video content."

"Nafessa Williams and Chantal Thuy make a three course meal for your next date night with yours truly while discussing their show and the importance of lgbtq+ representation in mainstream TV shows."

"I like that, let's also have them take over the Instagram and snapchat accounts for the day. And if whatever dessert they make is good, I want some." I smiled when everyone laughed. "I'm not kidding, but let's pretend I was. Uh can someone from entertainment compile a list of the shows with the best lgbtq characters and ships."

As I walked out of the pitch meeting, I checked my emails and noticed that Dinah had emailed me back.

Dinah Jane Hansen <dhansen@lasienne.com>
To: nhamilton@lasienne.com

Re: Coffee
Firstly, I'm down to get drunk and dance with you anytime. Secondly, you were the one that started flirting with me, asking me how many fingers I wanted. Also out of curiosity, what do these points get me? And how many do I need to get said prize?

Normani Hamilton
To: Dinah Jane Hansen

Re: Coffee
I was talking about fingers of whiskey. And I don't know yet. But I will know when you have enough.

How's the article going?

Dinah Jane Hansen
To: Normani Hamilton

Re: Coffee
If you say so...
About the article, do you think we could maybe hang out again tonight? This time I'm buying dinner though. I can come over and you can maybe let me pick your brain about work stuff?

Normani Hamilton                      
To: Derek Hamilton

It's a date. See you tonight.

I almost tripped when I realized that I had replied to my dad. It was too late to undo my mistake, so I quickly sent a response to Dinah and apologized to my dad for the email. It was too late though, the family group chat came alive with messages from my family about the date that I had. I almost cancelled lunch with mom. Almost. Avery was right, she could strike the fear of God into anyone that she met without even frowning.

Gen was already waiting for me in her office. "You have a date today?"

"No I don't, it's a work thing."

"Dating for a story," Gen said wistfully. "I miss the good old days when I'd have to try half the stuff I was writing about in order to write a good story."

I rolled my eyes. "I will fight you Aunt G."

We met with Zendaya and her manager and convinced her to be on the cover of the magazine's issue after which Zendaya and I caught up while I waited for my mother to come and pick me out for the forced lunch. Three of us walked out together, using a different entrance to avoid the paparazzi who were gathered outside the office building to catch a glimpse of her.