D is for dumbass (rewritten :)

Be nice this is my first fanfic. Thanks.
(Just wanna note now that this story is kinda inconsistent and it gets better than it starts. It starts really awkwardly because I didnt know what i was doing but it gets better and I update almost everyday with 1000 word chapters at least. Please give it a chance. Thank you.)

Journal-

March 29, 2020. 1
12:19
Sunday

Whoever the heck would read this. This is a cry for help. Everything hurts but it doesnt hurt and I can't function like I used to anymore. The pressure is crippling. Kachaan. He hurts me. I dont know why. I keep trying to stop doing whatever I'm doing to make him mad but it only gets worse. I cant sleep. Its impossible, im up thinking and pondering on the day. Too anxious for the hours ahead.

Today he called me dumbass.

D- dumbass
E-
K-
U-

_end of journal_

Izuku put down his journal, contemplating his existence and everything that had been happening in his head lately. His "friend"'s nagging had really been getting to him. Eventually he felt sleep tug at the corners of his eyes and he let himself surrender to the delightful lure on unconsciousness.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The green hair boy startles awake, slapping his all might alarm clock, nearly knocking it off the desk

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Izuku groaned in frustration, not wanting to get out of bed. Life had seemed so bland lately. He took a quick and steamy shower, pulling on the green and grey UA uniform afterwards. He met Ururaka at thier usual spot to walk to school, though he couldnt bring himself to smile as bright today, but he still tried. Because that is what All Mights successor would do

I'm letting him down

He didnt think it directly, rather than feel it. Intense feelings and thoughts of anger and sadness towards himself.

A disappointment.

After a while of these thoughts and a comfortable silence between the two friends the girl with the bubbly personality asked what was wrong, the short boy replied in a small simple tone, "Im just tired, I didnt sleep well last night."

"Awww. Im sorry Deku!! I hope you get better and get better sleep tonight!" She gave the green haired boy a tight hug.

The boy was always a little hurt when someone called him Deku. But he had decided to change the meaning. His mind drifted as he started to wonder where that confidence went and where his dad was. 

Soon enough the pair arrives at UA, the best school in Japan for heroes. Ururaka and Izuku depart, as the girl was sick earlier in the week and was going to pick up some makeup work.  Thats when he spotted him, Kachaan, known to others as Katsuki Bakugo. Izuku and him were childhood friends, though after Izuku was diagnosed quirkless thier relationship quickly fell apart.  Soon enough the two passrd by eachother, catching an awkward eyecontact. "OI DEKU" he felt himself shoved against the wall. The green haired boy's head hit hard against the solid wall. Pain ricocheted though the boys head, bouncing from his forhead to the back of his skull. Fresh tears welled up in his eyes.

"Awwww is the baby gonna cryyyyy"

The smaller boy raised his hands to protect himself, knowing using his quirk would just make him angrier. The room was spinning for the green haired boy. Katsuki began to fire off some of his explosions, them hitting and burning up Izuku's arms. He listened as he yelled...

"YOUR SO WEAK DEKU. YOULL NEVER BE ANYTHING BUT A USELESS WEAK QUIRKLESS DEKU!! IM SUPRISED YOU HAVNT TAKEN MY ADVICE FROM MIDDLE SCHOOL YET!!"

The smaller boy cringed at those words, remembering that fateful day in middle school...

"You wanna be a hero so bad? Ive got a time saving idea for saving you."

He glances at me with a glare and a smile look over his shoulder.

"If you think you'll have a quirk in your next life... GO TAKE A SWAN DIVE OFF THE ROOF!!"

The only reason he didnt take that advice was because his dearest friend Kachaan wouldve gotten in trouble.

Izuku is snapped out of his trip down memory lane by a sudden silence from bakugo's yelling. He saw Todoroki, and cought a glimpse of Kachaan with his hands frozen in some of his eyes. The two boys had become close ever since the sports festival. The boy with the bi-colored hair offered a hand to Izuku.

But Izuku took off sprinting in the other direction... 

----

Todoroki had just been going to class after stopping by the cafeteria for a snack when he saw Midoriya being beaten up by Bakugo. So of course he stepped in, freezing Bakugo's hands and offering the smaller boy a hand up.

He was a bit confused when the boy ran in the other direction. Of course he chased after, wanting to make sure he was okay. Todoroki was silently in love with the boy. He could never get his mind off the way his freckles perfectly brought out his emerald green eyes or how his curly, dark green hair always sat perfectly on his head.

----

Izuku ran to the bathroom and sat in the farthest stall. The memories from middle school bouncing around in his head.

If he wanted him to be dead so bad then why not? It didnt seem so bad.

Izuku took out his phone, quickly popping off the All Might themed case and pulling out a small razorblade.

⚠ self harm warning. ⚠

He pressed down lightly in between smaller cuts. It was a recent habit he had taken on, a good distraction from all the thoughts in his head. He wasnt sure why it helped sometimes. Instead of destroying something else he just destroyed himself. He felt satisfied when he did it. Like he was finally getting what he deserved. 

He made a line for every negative thought about himself he had.

Useless.
Dumbass.
Deku.

He stopped to stare at what he did, a tear trickling down his cheek. It felt good to cry. So he cried, sobs racking his small ribcage as he let out all the bottled up feelings he had locked up inside and covered up with a mask.

Izuku's head pounded and as he pressed thin toilet paper on the bleeding cuts. The room was spinning and he wasn't paying attention as a certain someone came to check on him..

(Heyo guys emu here! Just rewrote this chapter to make it a bit better so it fits a but better with whatever this story happens to be. Caution if you continue to read the story style will change a bit but im updating it as you read!!)