🄽🄴🅅🄴🅁🄼🄸🄽🄳

❦ chapter ³⁹❦

"aaah, look who decided to visit my cave! my not lovely brother!" namjoon exclaimed sarcastically seeing taehyung who had just entered the room.

without saying a work he moved closer to namjoon and stopped right next to the edge of his desk.

"I need the discharge papers." taehyung said monotonely.

"what? why? did you get fired?" namjoon asked with shock and confusion.

"no."

"are you firing your self?"

"can you shut up and hand me over the papers?" taehyung said sternly with a hint of annoyance in his voice.
namjoon rolled his eyes and disappeared somewhere between the shelves with thousands of papers in them.

taehyung crossed his arms on his chest and exhaled loudly. this was the last place he wanted to be in right now.
he looked around, studying namjoon's workplace. everything was so neatly organized, his gmail was opened on the monitor and next to it were stacks of papers sorted out by date. they were files on the most dangerous serial killers of korea.

suddenly namjoon's phone buzzed signaling for a new message income. taehyung glanced at the lit up phone on the desk and turned it around. he cleared the message to get a closer look on the lockscreen – it was a photo of namjoon and jin from their wedding day. they were standing on the aisle, while namjoon was putting a ring on jin's finger. the photo showed some of the guests from their backs who were all standing and clapping. somewhere between those guests was taehyung... ah, there he is.
taehyung looked closer and saw himself in the front row standing next to his now dead father.

taehyung looked at the rest of the guests and furrowed his eyebrows after seeing a familiar face, it was.... yoongi?!
taehyung's mouth opened with shock.
namjoon knew him for that long? incredible...

taehyung still remembers that day. back then, namjoon and him had a normal relationship.
does taehyung wish things would be back to normal like they used to be?
yes. yes he does, but will he ever admit it? no, never in his life.

he heard footsteps and placed the phone back on the table.

"here you go." namjoon said while handing over the papers.

taehyung grabbed them and scanned through them, making sure they were the ones he needed.

"thanks." he said without any emotion and turned away, starting to move towards the exit.

I hope you make the right decision.

jungkook's voice echoed in taehyung's mind on a loop. he froze.

"hey, namjoon?" taehyung turned around, his mouth half opened, clearly about to say something.

"yeah?" the elder replied.

there was a long silence during which taehyung had a deep monologue with himself.
but then...

"nevermind." he walked out the room, closing the door after himself.

sorry jungkook, I'm still a weak bastard...

"jungkook!!!" taehyung called out to the boy as he entered his house and started walking towards the living room. "guess what? I fired myself! we can be–
together...."

taehyung froze upon seeing something he would never expect to see. right in front of him was jungkook who was trapped between the kitchen counter and some guy, kissing the other passionately.

jungkook pushed minseok away and looked at taehyung who had unexplainable emotions written all over his face. jungkook wiped his lips and went over to taehyung.

why!? why did minseok arrive at this exact moment? why couldn't he have arrived later? or at least, why did he have to start kissing jungkook now?
jungkook knew he fucked up. fucked up really badly.

"taehyung, please listen." jungkook said in a quivering voice as he stepped closer to taehyung who kept walking back.

"listen to what?" taehyung asked with the deepest and scariest voice jungkook had ever heard. "I do not see a sane explanation to this."

"trust me there is–"

"dont you fucking dare to say that word. dont. what trust are you even taking about? after this?"

"no, please–"

"just this morning you told me all those things! you ... you fucking calmed me down and gave me a whole speech on why being weak is okay, you kissed me, fucking said how much you love me and now this? this?!?!?" he yelled pointing at minseok who was just as confused and scared, standing near the counter.

"I meant every single word! I swear!" jungkook yelled back.

"why on earth should I believe you, huh? tell me at least one reason."

"because... because you love me?" jungkook replied in a quiet voice.

"are you sure about that?" taehyung said as he looked straight into jungkook's eyes that were filled with tears.
soon enough, taehyung's eyes also started to fill up with tears, but he wiped them away quickly.
"I literally cant believe you were capable of doing something like this."

jungkook was quiet now. he understood that there was no way taehyung would listen to him, not in in this state, not now.

"and just to think of it, I believed you.... I fucking fired myself for you! do you hear me? I gave up something I have been doing for years!"

jungkook bit his lip and nodded speechless, as heavy tears rolled down his cheeks, hitting the floor.
taehyung exhaled and licked his lips, then, chuckled to himself hysterically.

"I never want to see you again." taehyung said and turned around, leaving the house and closing the door shut loudly making both jungkook and minseok yelp.

jungkook fell to his knees, crouched down and covered his face with his hands. minseok ran up and sat down next to jungkook.
"I am so, so sorry... I didn't know.."

"it's alright, minseok. it's my fault. it's all my fault..." jungkook cried as the younger rubbed his back, comforting him.

"I am sure you'll be able to talk when he calms down... maybe?" minseok said biting his lip nervously.

"what have I done..." jungkook whispered to himself, ignoring what minseok had said.