🄵🄴🄴🄻🄸🄽🄶🅂 🅈🄾🅄 🄷🄸🄳🄴

❦ chapter ³³ ❦

taehyung opened his eyes only to find himself in an unfamiliar place. bright sun filled up the room, some sun rays fell on jungkook's face, showing off his features.
taehyung turned himself to the right side to look at the sleeping boy next to him.

was he always this beautiful? those little bunny teeth, big soft eyes, long dark hair...
he looked so innocent and vulnerable while asleep, just like a little child.
taehyung smiled at the thought of jungkook's beautiful laughter, his cute pouting and tenderness in the things he does.
taehyung would've never thought jungkook was a murderer, he has a face of a 12 year old, just the thought of it sounds absurd!

taehyung closed his eyes and mentally cursed to himself.
the realization hit him. what were they even doing? they were rivals, they were supposed to be people who would do anything to kill each other, but here they are, lying together in a bed after a long and unforgettable night.

"the sun has risen, wake up~" taehyung purred gently.

"to do what? photosynthesis? no, thanks, let me sleep." jungkook mumbled and turned around to the other side.

taehyung chuckled and sat up.
"alright, I'll go make breakfast."

after finding a spare pair of underwear and some sweat pants, taehyung went to the kitchen and started making breakfast. he placed the dishes on the table and covered the cooked breakfast to help it stay warm until jungkook would come.

"oh hello there." taehyung said to the goldfish he only now noticed. it was swimming in its water tank and immediately hid after seeing taehyung.
"it's probably time to feed you."

taehyung sprinkled a little bit of fish food and and watched as the goldfish ate it.

"I'm thirsty." jungkook said with a raspy voice after entering the kitchen.

"for water or dick? I have both." taehyung smiled cockily.

"thanks, I had enough last night." jungkook said quietly and went over to get himself a glass of water.
"you made this?"

jungkook lifted the cover to see the hot food on the stove getting ready to be eaten.

they spent the entire day together in the house, thankfully, none had to do any missions, so the day went by peacefully.

in full darkness, taehyung and jungkook sat on the soft couch, watching a random movie that was playing on the tv. the table in front of them was filled with finished bags of popcorn, candies and other unhealthy foods and drinks.

suddenly the lights went out and the boys were left in a pitch black room.

"well that's great." taehyung said sarcastically as he leaned down on the couch.

"tell me about it." jungkook answered and also leaned on the couch.
they sat in silence for some time, but then jungkook thought it would be a perfect time to ask taehyung something he wouldn't be able to ask in the light.

"hey, taehyung...?" jungkook asked quietly as he fidgeted with his fingers.

"yeah?" taehyung's deep voice was heard.

"about last night..."

"you wanna do it again?" taehyung smirked and leaned over to jungkook, placing his hand on his thigh. jungkook shivered from the sudden contact but pushed away taehyung's hand gently.

"yes... but before that, I wanna know something."

"okay, ask away."

jungkook took a deep breath and bit his lip.
"what you said last night... did you mean it?" jungkook whispered and after not hearing a response from taehyung, decided to ask the question straight up. "do you really love me?"

jungkook couldn't see taehyung, but he heard how his breathing got faster and he started to move around the couch.

"you said it to me, so I said it back." taehyung answered quietly.

"but I said it because I meant it." jungkook spoke with a gentle and calm voice, even though his insides were exploding and his heart was performing somersaults. he really just basically told taehyung he likes him.

"you... you did?" taehyung asked a little shocked.

"well... yeah I guess." jungkook said quietly, his eyes started filling up with tears. he shouldn't have said that, taehyung will obviously reject him!

"but jungkook..." taehyung placed his hand on jungkook's shoulder. "you know that we are rivals, you know that even if there was a way for us to be together, we wouldn't be able to do that because of who we are, our jobs..."

"even if? a-are you saying you'd be with me if you could?" jungkook stuttered. "you still didnt answer my question. did you mean it, taehyung?"

taehyung bit his lip nervously searching for an answer in the dark. he couldn't see jungkook's eyes, he couldn't see what the younger was feeling and he hated that.
what would happen if he says he did? what would happen if he says that he didn't? taehyung was afraid of the outcome, he wished things would stay the way they were. he enjoyed being fuckbuddies with the younger, but it was self explanatory that this conversation would happen someday.

"do you want me to be honest with you?" taehyung asked.

"yes, please." jungkook mumbled as he waited for an answer.
he will say no, he will reject me and leave me—

"I... I meant it, I really meant what I said, jungkook. I..." taehyung's voice trailed off and he took a deep breath before continuing. "I am scared of feelings, jungkook. I've seen some horrible things happen with a love of two people involved in all this gang shit... and its horrible, and even though I... I do love you, I am restraining myself from the feeling because I'm afraid. I am afraid that I would lose you. I am afraid of betrayal and backstabbing, I am a fucking coward that wont accept his own feelings even though it means hurting the person I love and care about!"

the lights suddenly turned back on and jungkook's eyes widen after seeing the tough and all so badass taehyung, sitting in front of him with red cheeks and wet eyes from the tears that were rolling down his face and gathering at the base of his chin, some dropping on his hands that were placed on the couch.

"taehyung!" jungkook exclaimed and fell on the elder with all force, taking him in a hug. "dont cry, taehyung, dont..."

"you wanted me to he honest with you, I was." taehyung answered into jungkook's shoulder as he hugged him back.

"you opened up to me and told me about the way you feel. your feelings towards me and the ones you feel for yourself, it's amazing you did that, I'm proud of you, taehyung." jungkook smiled at the elder and wiped off his tears with his hands, cupping his face.

"nobody has ever seen such a weak and pathetic side of me-"

"omg shut up! you're not weak, nor pathetic. you're you, and you're amazing, taehyung!" jungkook looked at taehyung for a couple more seconds before leaning in to him, making their lips collide.

jungkook kissed off all the pain, tasting the salty tears.
they pulled apart and attached their foreheads, making their noses rub against each other a little.

"I love you, taehyung." jungkook whispered.

"I..." taehyung looked up at jungkook and gave out a little smile. "I love you, too."