Father and Daughters Reunited

THE MIKAELSON COMPOUND
Klaus entered the compound to find all of the bitten vampires dead and strewn across the courtyard. Marcel was holding the baby in his arms as he sat by the fountain, waiting for Klaus. "I was too late. There should have been more time." Marcel said with tears in his eyes. Klaus looked around the room and absorbed the carnage that surrounded them. At that moment Nicole ran in behind her father and gasped at the sight before her. "What the hell?" She questioned more to herself than anyone else. "Looks like the wolves came back and finished what they started." Klaus replied to both of them. The baby stirred and cooed, and Marcel stared down at her. "You took my daughter so I would heal you and your friends." Klaus said with a chuckle. Marcel looked at him weakly, but Klaus just chuckled again and shrugged. Nicole moved closer in case Marcel was up to something. "Here." Klaus said as he put his wrist in front of Marcel but Marcel pulled away from him. "This bite, all this..." He looked over at Diego's dead body. Nicole followed his eyes. She had yelled at Diego to run. She didn't see whether he made it out or not. A twinge of sadness flooded her when she saw him. "I know it didn't come from nowhere. This is the last note in a song that I started a century ago when I brought your dad to town. And for that, I am sorry." Marcel's apology was genuine.

Klaus looked at him sympathetically and kneeled in front of him. "No. You saved my child's life, Marcel. For that, you deserve this." Klaus replied with gratefulness and held out his wrist. Marcel bit into it and drank his blood. "We will take down whoever brought this upon us, I swear it." Klaus said with sincerity. Nicole could hear the vengeful tone in his voice. Marcel looked up at Klaus in shock. He was finally healing. Klaus looked at his daughter in awe and relief. "May I?" Klaus pleaded to Marcel. He'd been dying to hold his little girl. Marcel handed him the baby, and he took her. Nicole watched her father with the baby. She was so grateful to see the baby alive and well. "Shhhh. Oh! Hey! Hey there." Klaus said trying to calm her. The baby looked over at Marcel, and he smiled from joy. They all laugh. Nicole stood next to her father and looked at her sister. "Hey little one. I'm your big sister." She said with a tearful smile. Klaus and Nicole exchanged smiles. Nicole looked at Marcel and helped him up.

Suddenly, the hairs on the back of Nicole's neck stood up and she felt goosebumps arise on her arms. They're being watched. She could feel it. Behind them, hiding in the shadows, Mikael was watching them and holding the indestructible white oak stake.