Spells, Fire and Unhappy Reunions

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY

Bastianna, Celeste and Genevieve are standing outside one of the tomb. Each of them are holding a candle in their hands while they chant a spell.

FRENCH QUARTER

Elijah awakens once again on the ground. His phone starts buzzing, and when he sees that it's Hayley, he answers it. He's still breathing heavily as he tries to recover from the spell

"Hayley."

"Elijah, something's going on with the witches."

"Listen to me. You were right. Celeste is back. Niklaus, Nicole, Jeremy, Rebekah; you're all in danger."

PLANTATION HOUSE

Hayley pulls the phone from her ear. "Nicole! Jeremy!" She yells. Suddenly the door claps shut by a gust of wind as Hayley returns to where Jackson is waiting in the living room. "What's going on?" Jackson asks frantically. "It's a trap. I didn't make a deal with any witch." Hayley says angrily. "What?" He asks confused. Elijah is still on the phone. "Hayley, you have to find Nicole. She can use magic to block whatever is going on. You stay with her until I get there." He says. A fire starts around the perimeter of the plantation house. When Hayley and Jackson go to rush out the door, they find they can't because a boundary spell has been set over the threshold. "Elijah, it's a spell. They're trapping us inside." Hayley says scared.

Nicole comes running down the stairs her and Jeremy holding hands to make sure they don't get separated. "Hayley!" Nicole yells and runs to the door. She sees smoke seeping out the bottom of the door. "Fire. Get an extinguisher." Nicole says to Jeremy as she tries to break open the door with magic. Jeremy runs but is suddenly stuck in place. "Nic, I can't move!" Nicole whips her head around and runs to him trying to pull him. "It's a spell. God dammit Celeste!" She yells. Suddenly flames erupt all around Jeremy in a circle and the doors and windows shut. "Try a spell! You can block whatever she's doing!" Jeremy yells. Nicole grabs Esther's grimoire and looks for a spell. She finds one that controls fire. "Hang on Hayley!" She yells through the door. She whips around to look at Jeremy. "No matter what happens, I love you." She says with tears in her eyes. "No goodbyes! Just do the spell." Jeremy says staying brave for her. Nicole nods and begins to chant.

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY

At the cemetery, the witches finally finish their spell. Celeste smiles knowingly at Genevieve and Bastianna. "You know what to do." Bastianna and Genevieve nod and leave.

PLANTATION HOUSE

Hayley tries banging on the door. "We have to get out of here." Jackson tries to break through the window with the piano stool, but it shatters upon impact, leaving the window intact. The flames continue to grow inside the house, torching the curtains and carpet. Jackson grabs a tablecloth from an end table and pours the water from a vase of flowers onto it before handing it to Hayley. "Here. Breathe through this." He says. Hayley does as she's told, but continues to cough. The fire continues growing in size, burning its way up the walls toward the ceiling. Suddenly, the window shatters. It's Elijah, who has thrown himself through the wall from the outside to save Hayley. He grabs her and vamp-speeds her outside to safety. "Where's Rebekah and Nicole?" he asks frantic. "Nicole's in the main room with Jeremy. I don't know where Rebekah is. She went off with one of them." She look at him urgently. "Elijah, my friend is still in there." Elijah sighs and rushes back inside.

Inside, Jackson falls to the floor, coughing as the fire rages on. Elijah makes it inside and helps him up. "On your feet." He kicks the door down revealing Nicole and Jeremy. He vamp-speeds Jackson outside and deposits him next to Hayley on the ground and vamps back inside the house. "Nicole now!" He yells. "Jeremy is stuck in that circle! I won't leave him! I'm gonna finish this spell. Go Uncle Elijah!" She yells. "I'm not leaving either of you! Block their magic so we can get out of here!" He yells. Nicole nods and begins chanting again. After about 20 seconds the flames die out around Jeremy. Elijah grabs him and Nicole and vamp speeds them out of he house next to Hayley and Jackson. Nicole stands up and looks at the burning house. "Rebekah... Where is she?" Nicole asks. Everyone looks at each other but no one says anything.

THE WOODS

Rebekah is lying on the ground with numerous wolf bites all over her body. Dead wolves are lying around from where she killed them in self-defense. After a moment, she hears footsteps approaching her. It's Genevieve. "Help me." She says weakly. Genevieve smiles. "It's been such a long time, Rebekah. I'm going to enjoy this." Rebekah sighs in despair.