Goodbye Rebekah and Marcel

FORMER MIKAELSON MANSION

Rebekah is walking in the burnt shell of the old plantation house when Elijah finds her. "I thought I might find you here." She turns to see Elijah standing in the doorway. "I just came to collect the last of my things that didn't burn to ash. I'll be leaving shortly. I don't suppose you have any desire to join me." She asked hopeful for a yes. Elijah smiles awkwardly and averts his eyes from her face. "I do hope you find everything you're looking for." He said genuinely. "Elijah, when I brought Mikael, I never for a second meant to hurt you." Rebekah said with sadness in her voice and tears beginning to form. Elijah smiles. "I know." Rebekah gives a look of relief. "I was certain that Klaus meant to kill me. Whether he never really did at all, or he changed his mind... maybe somewhere, deep down, he still is the brother we once knew." She said with her voice full of hope. Elijah nodded. "Very deep, but he's still in there." Rebekah gives a small smile. "Help him find his way." She gives Elijah a kiss on the cheek before she leaves.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Klaus returns home with Nicole to find Marcel and the rest of the vampires congregated in the courtyard. "Dad, what is this?" She asks scared. Klaus grabs her hand and stands in front of her. "Is there a reason why you lot are loitering in my home?" He asked annoyed. "I asked them to be here." Marcel appears. "You and I need to settle this out in the open." Nicole steps forward. "Marcel don't be stupid." She warns him. Klaus pushes her behind him again. "I thought you would've run off by now." Klaus says bored. "Yeah well, this is my town. You may want me to beg forgiveness, but I'm not sorry. I may not be able to beat you, but I came here to face you, to end this in front of my people. If you're gonna kill me for that, get on with it." Marcel and Klaus stare at each other for about 30 seconds. Silence has filled the compound. If you were a vampire all you'd hear is Nicole's human heartbeat. Klaus looks like he's about to say something, but instead, he remains silent, grabs Nicole and heads for his room. Nicole pauses on the stairs and looks at Marcel with disdain.

Marcel holds his stern look and the other vampires are confused. Suddenly Elijah vamp-speeds over to Marcel and throws him against the wall. Nicole smirks at her Uncle's epic timing. "Good evening. I trust I need no introduction. After all, this was once my family home. Tonight I'm taking it back." He addresses the crowd. "Your privileges here have been revoked." He turns to Marcel. "Marcellus, out of respect for my sister, I will grant you this one mercy. I will allow you to keep your life." Elijah points at him. "However, you're hereby exiled. If I so much as find a trace of you in the French Quarter, it will not end well for you. Do you understand?" He waits a beat, then turns to the crowd. "That is all. Run along." Elijah finishes and turns to the stairs where Nicole is standing with a smirk on her face. "Nicely done, brother. You're beginning to sound like me. I'm impressed." Klaus said as he watched from the balcony.

Klaus walks away from the courtyard and goes to his study. Nicole quietly follows behind him. He pulls out a wooden box. Inside is the little wooden knight Klaus carved over 1,000 years ago that he gave to Rebekah during the storm, among other things. He remembers back to when he and Rebekah were children. As he reminisces he starts to tear up. Nicole walks up behind him and hugs him. "I'm gonna miss her too." Klaus hugs her back and lets his tears fall. Grateful that his daughter was there to comfort him.