The Ritual Begins, The Quest to Find the Baby Continues

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY- TOMB

In some hidden tomb full of lit candles, Genevieve, dressed in a white dress, set the swaddled baby in a basket. Behind her, Monique and Abigail, also in white dresses, watch her. Genevieve looked up through the skylight to determine the time of day. "The moon has almost faded from the morning sky." She said to them as she grabbed the ceremonial athame from the table. "I need to prepare." Abigail and Monique waited for Genevieve to leave before they began to talk privately. "She'll go through with it. The ancestors promised her her life." Abigail said to Monique. "What about their promise to us? Four Harvest girls sacrificed, four girls returned. But her friends hijack it, and our friends have to stay dead? Cassie was our friend. I hope she doesn't go through with it. Then, you and I can do what the Ancestors want, and they'll give us Cassie! And drag Genevieve back to where she came from." Monique responded full of resent and hate for Genevieve. She wasn't going to let her live. Abigail nodded in agreement. Monique grabbed the baby in the basket, then she and Abigail went to join Genevieve.

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY- ALTAR

Genevieve walked down between rows of tombs to the front steps of the lycée, upon which a stone table had been set up to serve as their altar. Lit torches lined the aisle as she laid the athame onto the altar. Abigail and Monique followed behind her carrying the baby in the basket in their arms. Once at the altar, they each took their places. Genevieve was behind the altar, looking out toward the aisle while Monique and Abigail stood on her left and ride side, respectively. On the altar was a circle made of salt, with designs made within it's lines. "It's time." Genevieve said to them. Genevieve lifted the baby into the air, while Abigail and Monique held up their hands toward the baby and begin their spell.

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY- TOMBS

Klaus, Nicole and Elijah were breaking their way through the illusion by destroying the tombs. The men with their strength, Nicole with her magic. When they reached a room full of candles, they stop and catch their breath. "This is crazy." Nicole said and leaned on a statue. Being a human, she didn't have the strength her father and Elijah had. "We've passed through here twice already. We're running out of time." Elijah said then sighed. He punched through a wall in anger and frustration. "Then we move faster." Klaus said with determination. Nicole's eyes widened. "Dad, I can only move so fast. I'm not as strong as you." She said with disappointment in her tone. Elijah and Klaus looked at each other and realized her magic was weakening her. Klaus marked the wall with a third tally using a large rock just as a familiar female voice calls out from behind them. "Or smarter." Hayley said. Nicole, Elijah and Klaus freeze when they hear her voice, and turn to see the source of the sound. Hayley stands in the doorway, dazed and exhausted-looking "Hayley." Elijah said in disbelief. Nicole had tears in her eyes when she saw her. Elijah and Klaus are shocked to see her. Elijah rushed over to touch her face to make sure she wasn't an illusion. "How are you here?" Elijah asked confused. Nicole felt it radiating off of her. She wasn't just a wolf anymore. "I woke up in the church. I felt this hunger... I knew what I needed. I can feel her. She's here. I can feel my baby." Hayley said as if in a daze. She was numb. Nicole could see what had happened but remained silent for them to figure it out. Elijah looked confused, but Klaus realizes what has happened. "You died with the baby's blood still in your system." He turned to Nicole with a questioning glance. Nicole nodded with sadness. "She's in transition." Nicole said as simply as she could. "Which means she has to drink the blood of the child if she is to survive." Elijah said with fear in his voice. "To be reborn a hybrid." Klaus finished with an overwhelmed tone. "I don't care about me. I'm gonna go find our daughter." Hayley said and left with Nicole, Elijah and Klaus behind her.