Getting Ready For A Surprise

Marcel vamped Nicole right up to her balcony and walked her into her room. "So what now?" Nicole asked looking at him. "Now you get showered and dressed in the outfit hanging on the door. Text me when you're ready and I'll come escort you downstairs." He says smiling. Realization hit Nicole like a ton of bricks. "Rebekah planned a birthday party didn't she?" Nicole asked already knowing the answer. "Not telling because I actually don't know. Get dressed." Marcel said and walked out her door.

Nicole took off her clothes and hopped in the shower. She washed her body with fig-pomegranate body wash, shaved herself, and washed her hair with sea salt shampoo and conditioner. She sang as she showered. She began belting not knowing Jeremy was standing by his side of the bathroom door listening to her. He loved that she could sing. He could have impromptu concerts all the time and it was the woman he loved who was serenading him. Her voice was warm as a summer sky. It haunted his dreams and his soul. He knew now any love song she sang was meant for him and him alone. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard the water shut off. He smiled to himself and went downstairs to join the party.

Nicole stepped out of the shower and wrapped herself in a towel. She grabbed another towel and wrapped her hair up. Since she washed her face in the shower, she moisturized her face and body, then brushed her teeth. After a few minutes she took her wet hair out of the towel and put it in a tight bun. She went into her room to put on a tank and undies so she could do her hair and make up first. She sat at her vanity, took out her blow dryer, curling iron, straightener, and make up kit. Then plugged her iPod into her speakers and blared "Fake I.D." By Big & Rich. She quickly applied her make up. Doing a very natural look with a thin cat eye with coral lip color. She blew out her hair, did a large fish braid and teased the top. She straightened her did bangs and tousled her hair a bit.

Next she grabbed her outfit that was hanging on the door. So grateful Rebekah didn't get her a dress. She had to admit Rebekah picked out a nice blazer; but something about it screamed 'Caroline'. Pushing the thought aside she put on her bra, white blouse, the black and blue blazer with her up the sleeve stakes, slid on the skinny jeans with ease, put her ankle gun on; then she saw the heels. She groaned in frustration knowing they wouldn't stay on her feet very long. She put them on and realized they were a lot more comfortable than she thought they'd be.

She saw a small box on her bed and saw the card on top. She opened the card and it read "Happy Birthday Angel. Hope you like what I chose for you. Thank you for finding us. Love, Uncle Elijah." She smiled from ear to ear. She loved her uncle so much. He was so good to her. She opened the box and saw small jewelry boxes. The first box had a jeweled cross bracelet; Elijah knew how important Nicole's faith was to her. The second box held sapphire stud earrings which was her birthstone. The third box was a healing bracelet of black onyx beads. The next gift was a little bigger and inside was a layered necklace of gold and silver chains and charms with a black choker piece atop it all. Last but not least was a huge black jeweled ring shaped like the north star. Nicole was completely overwhelmed by all her gifts from her Uncle. She couldn't cry though or else she'd have to re do all her make up so she pulled her out her phone and texted Marcel "ready to go." She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. She put on some of the jewelry Elijah gave her while she waited for Marcel.

Within a minute there was a knock on the door. "come in!" She yelled as she sprayed her Ja'Dour Dior perfume. Marcel stepped in. "Look at you birthday girl!" He said with a smile. www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=19326... Nicole blushed. "Look at you!" She said gesturing to Marcel's outfit. He was dressed in a black dress shirt and black dress pants with a fedora on his head. Nicole couldn't help but smirk at the hat. "Someone's still stuck in the forties." Marcel chuckled. "It adds flair to my style." He said and did a turn. Nicole busted out laughing. "Oh Marcel, what was Rebekah thinking giving you up?" Nicole asked with sarcasm. "She couldn't handle me." He said with a wink. "You ready to go?" He asked looking her over. "Yeah I'm good to go." She said as Marcel offered his arm. She linked arms with him and exited her room.