Another Explosion & Alpha's Stand Off

HAYLEY'S CAR

Nicole and Hayley drive across the river, where Marcel is currently living. While Nicole is driving, Hayley calls Elijah to assure him she's okay. "Hayley." Elijah says worriedly. "I have to take care of something. I'll be back as soon as I can."Hayley says assuring him. "Where are you?" He asks. "Elijah, I'm fine. Nicole is with me. Just take care of the pack while I'm gone, please?" Hayley hangs up on Elijah.

THE BAYOU

As he hangs up Jackson approaches him. "Is she okay?" Jackson asks. "Apparently, yes. Nicole will protect her." Elijah says with a small smile. Jackson nods in understanding. "It's a good thing that bomb went off where it did. Could've been a lot worse. We all could've got killed." The two walk where the entirety of the Bayou wolves have congregated after the explosion, tending to the wounded and dead. Elijah considers Jackson's words for a minute, and his eyes grow wide in panic. "Unless..." He says as he notices a bomb planted under an RV nearby. "Get everyone out of here! Now!" Elijah yells as eight different explosions go off from various points in the encampments, injuring numerous people. Just as Elijah begins tending to the newly injured, another explosion, this one much larger, goes off right behind him, so he dives over a man to protect him.

The walking wounded are treating the more seriously wounded werewolves, as well as helping dig them out of collapsed shelters and shacks. Elijah sees Jackson examining the body of a werewolf who doesn't seem to be breathing. "Jackson, she's gone."Elijah yells. "Help! Somebody help!" He's kneeling next to Eve, who is pinned under an overturned RV. "Okay. Hold on. Hold on, Eve." Elijah sees Oliver struggling to lift the RV, and runs over to help him. "Gaah! Uh! Uh! Come on, Eve. Come on. It's okay. You're gonna be okay." Oliver says as he pulls Eve out from under the car.

Jackson, Oliver and Elijah bring Eve into her shack and lay her in her bed. "Ahhhh. Oh, no." Eve says in pain. Elijah examines Eve's injuries. "That wound should be healing by now." Elijah says with certainty. "She never killed anyone, never activated the werewolf gene. So she can't heal, not like us." Oliver says with disappointment. "My blood, it could heal her." Elijah says trying to help. "Vampire blood? Trust me, she'd rather die." Oliver spits his words like venom. "Look, we can't just let them get away with this." Oliver continues. Jackson stands to him. "We don't even know who's to blame." Jackson states trying to Calm Oliver. "The hell we don't! And if we don't fight back, they'll just do it again." Oliver yells. Jackson stands defiantly against him, and Oliver, frustrated, runs out of the shack.

Elijah stands outside and stares at a lake near the encampments. He walks past several dead bodies before entering the shack they're using as a makeshift hospital. "Is this the peace you promised?" Jackson asks angrily. "I gather my brother believes he can remove your curse." Elijah replies. "Klaus was offering us freedom, not just from the pain that comes with turning, but from the contempt we've faced our whole lives." Jackson explains. "And what about Hayley?" Elijah asks to see where Jackson's feelings and priorities were. "I want to make this place right for her. Safe, for her and the baby." Jackson replies with sincerity.