Finding Witches, Betrayal and Rescuing Originals

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Nicole is sitting with Hayley while she is typing on the laptop in the study when Elijah enters. "Hey, look, we found–" Elijah cuts Nicole off. Elijah stops her with a gesture to indicate he has news. "You were right about the Deveraux witch." Elijah says. Nicole and Hayley exchange happy faces. Before they can say anything more, Marcel joins them. "Find anything about Clara, the mystery witch?" Marcel asks. "Not much." Hayley says. "She was a nurse at the Fleur-de-Lis Sanitarium." Nicole says looking at Hayley's computer. Marcel freezes and visibly begins to panic. Nicole notices the change in Marcel's posture. "Recognize her?" Hayley asks. Nicole watches him carefully. She clicks on a picture and points to her so Marcel and Elijah can see what she looked like. "Top row, second from the right." Hayley says. "No, I don't." Elijah says. Nicole takes a step toward Marcel. "Marcel does. You knew her?" Elijah turns to look at Nicole and Marcel to hear what he has to say, and notices how alarmed and worried he looks. "Marcel? Do I need to remind you that Niklaus and Rebekah are somewhere suffering horribly? If you know something, talk." Elijah says sternly. "The Sanitarium. That's where you'll find them." Marcel says knowingly. "Are you sure?" Hayley asks. "How do you know her?" Nicole presses him. "I just do." Marcel says narrowing his eyes at Nicole. "How do you know that's where they are?" Elijah asks. "If I'm right, you need to know exactly what we're walking into. We did something, Rebekah and I... I think the witches are trying to use it against her. It was, uh... something that you're not gonna like." Marcel says full of guilt. "Why do I have a feeling you and Rebekah have tried to eliminate my father once before." Nicole says suspiciously. She had a terrible ache in her gut.

FLEUR-DE-LIS SANITARIUM / 1919 FLASHBACKS

Klaus and Genevieve are still in his room, where he is scowling and still strapped to a cot. Genevieve looks eager to continue. "Are you ready to see more proof?" Klaus doesn't say anything, so Genevieve links their minds again.

FLASHBACK-- LAFAYETTE CEMETERY, 1919

Genevieve is performing a spell in front of a tomb while Marcel and Rebekah stand behind her and watch her work. Genevieve holds up a newspaper article with a photo of Marcel and Klaus at the jazz club and crumples it up, using a wooden blade to hold the paper ball over the flame of the candle.

PRESENT DAY

Klaus comes to and gasps with fright. "What do you see?" Genevieve asks. "My father's blade... it went missing when I was a boy. He beat me half to death, so sure I had stolen it. Rebekah was so kind to me in the weeks after the beating... I should have known she was the culprit. She never could stand weapons were things not meant for girls." He said with disgust.

FLASHBACK-- LAFAYETTE CEMETERY, 1919

Genevieve is performing a spell. "Pran ce mesaj sa a, les cendres sur le vent." Genevieve finishes the spell, and the newspaper article catches fire and disintegrates into the air.

PRESENT DAY

Rebekah realizes Klaus now knows of her betrayal. "No!" She yells in fear. Klaus is sitting up in his bed as tears fall from his face from now seeing the truth. "My sister. Rebekah." He begins to lose his temper. "REBEKAH!" He yells in fury.

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Marcel has just informed Elijah and Hayley that he and Rebekah had summoned Mikael to New Orleans in 1919. "For the better part of a century, I have wondered how Father found us, what foolish mistake that we had made to destroy our time in the one place that we could finally call home. Did you know, I even blamed myself for a time, Marcellus?" Elijah is furious. Nicole pulls on his arm trying to hold him back. "Uncle Elijah--" Elijah ignores Nicole and continues to speak to Marcel. "Niklaus treated you like a son." Elijah says with resent. "Rebekah. I loved her. I still love her. All we ever wanted was to be together, but as long as Klaus was around, that was never gonna happen. But hey, I guess you wouldn't know anything about that, huh?" Marcel says conviction. Nicole feels terrible about what her father has done to Marcel and Rebekah but knows this was not the way to deal with it. "When Klaus learns the truth, there will be no end to his rage. I will not let my sister suffer that wrath." Elijah says angrily. "Then we need to get to them before he learns the truth." Nicole says ending the dispute between Elijah and Marcel.