Chapter 31

*Keenan's POV*

"Nevaeh, your grandma is going to pick you up after camp" I said stopping at a red light, glancing at her.

"Why aren't you picking me up?"

"Your brothers have a doctor's appointment and Heaven is going to a friends house"

"What friend house are you going to?" she said turning around in her seat. She was sitting in the front seat.

"Jessica from school. She's having a birthday party" It's now the summer and these girl's already have me running ragged.

"When did you start talking to other people at school?"

"Vaeh, I can talk to people other than you and Lex. You can't be my only friends"

"Yes we can. Right dad?"

"No y'all are twins, but I want you to be your own person. You are forever each other's bestfriends, but you need other friends too or y'all will start arguing" she turned back around in her seat.

I know that she thought I would agree with her, but every time these girls are around each other for a long period of time, they began to argue and fight like cats and dogs. I pulled into her cheer gym and she got out without saying anything.

"Nevaeh Maleka Register" I said loudly, but not yelling as I rolled my window down.

"Sir" she mumbled walking back to the car.

"You do not get out of this car without saying anything. Fix the attitude or you won't be cheering anymore. I'm not playing with you"

"Yes sir. Love you" she mumbled once more.

"Love you too. Have fun. I'll pick you up from your grandma's house" she nodded walking away.

I took Heaven to her friend's house then headed to Da'Vonte's house. I had to lie to the girls and not tell them that I was coming to talk to Anari. After much thought, I realized that this was the complete right thing to do. I had to talk to her if I was going to look at my daughters and my sons each and every day. I needed this closure and I will get it no matter how long this takes.

I pulled in the driveway and sighed. I tried to gather my thoughts as best as I can. I couldn't come in here and yell. That definitely was not going to fix anything. I was going to hear her out, but I was not going to let her think she is off the hook. I was going to express how I feel about the situation.

Once I parked the car, I got the boys' car seats out with their baby bags. Kyndall was babbling about and Kareem was quiet looking around at everything. I walked to the front door of the house and rung the doorbell. Rita came as quick as I rung it.

"Hello Mr. Keenan. Oooo! These babies. Lemme take them" she said practically taking Kyndall's seat from me. I followed her to the causal seating area and set Kareem down.

"They should be hungry. Their bottles are already made. I'm here to talk to Anari"

"Yes. Mr. Da'Vonte told me" she said picking Kareem up. "Go head. She's up there second door on the right. She's very attitudinal today"

"Noted" I said setting the baby bags down. I went upstairs and went to the room. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

"Rita. I said i'm not hungry" I heard. I sighed knocking again, then walking in.

"Rita, I said not right now" Anari yelled throwing the remote at me, but I caught it. She paused as she looked at me.

"I'm not Rita and I don't think that you should be throwing objects at someone who is just trying to help you"