Chapter 4

*Anari's POV*

"Alright so today's the day baby girl. Are you ready to meet with your dad?" Keenan asked me, wrapping his arms around my waist as I brushed my teeth in the bathroom.

"I mean... I guess. It's a little crazy. I thought the man was dead. Like did he lie or did my mom lie. I have so many questions to ask him though. I don't want to come off as rude or anything, but I mean you and mom hang me and Alexis up to dry. We had nothing and we just barely made it and I'm about to go meet with the man who's partially responsible soooo to answer your question exactly.. No" I said fast, all in one breath walking to the closet. Keenan followed me.

"I mean I understand that. I would be mad as I don't know what if I found out one of my family members was presumed dead and they just appear out of no where"I decided on black ripped jeans and a green shirt with my cheetah print vans. I took the robe off and started changing.

"Yeah. I'm sort of nervous about talking to my mom and dad. I think I'm more nervous to talk to my ma though. I was closer to her than my dad, but we will see" I looked at Keenan as he picked out his outfit. I took in his appearance and he was skinnier and he had let his hair grow out. He was starting to get a thicker beard. He looked good and bad. I made a mental note to start cooking more to get him back thicker.

Once the both of us were dressed, Keenan and I headed out to the car. The car ride consisted mostly of me talking about my future plans now that I was awake. I planned on going to get my GED then I want to go to college, whether I take online classes or not, to be a hair stylist/ nail tech. I would really like to open my own hair and nail salon. I want to do both so I can cater to multiple people. I also want to open it in Atlanta or Texas or somewhere other than here Keenan agreed that I should pursue my dreams and he was going to make sure he helps me with anything I need.

"I'm telling you. I will be established in five years. I should make a broad five year vision board"

"You should"

"We can get the stuff once we leave here" I said as Keenan pulled up to this soul food restaurant called Mama's Cooking.

"Wow. I used to eat here all the time when I stayed with my Papa D. We would come on Saturday's for lunch and just get super full." I said to Keenan as I got out the car. I could smell the fried chicken from outside the restaurant.

"Really? I've lived here my whole life and I've never been here" Keenan said holding my hand as we walked in.

"Well.. Ya girl put ya on boo" I said following the hostess after telling her how many people were joining us.

"Whatever lil girl" he said mushing my head. I sat on the outside as he sat beside me on the inside. We sat and talked until my dad got there. I really was trying to figure out what I was going to say.

*Antonio's POV*

"Wow so you really are alive" Anari said. The first thing my daughter says to me in five almost six years.

"Yeah baby I'm alive. I cant get no hug or nothing?" I said with my arms stretched before sitting down. She just looked at me and I sat down.

"I grieved over a fake dead person. Are you serious? And then you go to jail like that's okay. Sooo pause rewind press play. Why did you go to jail? Obviously you did something stupid as hell and how did you "die" if you sitting right in front of me? Huh? Did mom lie to me or were you some how mysteriously dead and then boom you alive? I need answers?" Anari said straight grilling me. While she was though, I took a minute to take in her appearance. She looked exactly the same. I haven't seen her since before I left for a trip. I already had missed a majority of her life since I was always flying places. I have always been in and out the city, state, and country and I missed seeing my daughters grow and mature and then I went and did something stupid as hell like she said and wound myself in prison.

"Listen.. It is a very long story" I said.

"And we have a very long time" she snapped back" I sighed as I started telling her everything. I mean everything about the Russians, Shawn bailing me out and his wicked plan. By the time I looked at her, her eyes were in tears and the boy that was with her had his jaw clinched. He looked a little rough around the edges, but I mean I can't say anything to her about any nigga because she grown and I really have no right to because I was never there before now either.

"Daddy you were dumb for drinking and getting high before flying but I'm glad you're not dead." She wiped her tears as the boy rubs her back. "but you shouldn't have let mama take blame. You know ma a real ride or die. I mean if I love somebody, imma ride and die for them outside of prison not in it. Periodt!" she said.

"I know I want to get her out. I want to get her out so bad. I'm sorry for not being here with you and Alexis." But Diamond was out. I just didn't know if I should say something or not. Anari began to tell me everything that has happened to her since Diamond and I left. I was hurt by her having to sell herself for money. I was hurt to not be here to meet her first boyfriend and experience her first breakup. I let my Babygirl down really bad.

"Dad I forgive you. I hope we can start to amend our relationship." She fell silent. "Can we go see mom? I've never seen her since she has been in jail" I nodded.

"She actually got out. The courts found out that she lied to cover me up but they understood her circumstances. They let her out. I actually already made my apologies and stuff. She hit me a few times. Cussed. Cried. Hugged. We are getting a divorce but she still wants to be around you girls to do the same as me. Get to know you guys. She's staying in Da'Vonte house and I'm staying in the guest house. I am going to give you her new number. You can talk to her." I wrote the number down on a napkin and slid it over to her.

"I should be going. I gotta pick Alexis up from dance" I hugged Anari.

"I love you daddy"

"I love you too Babygirl" 
-
-
-

how about that? you now know the truth and nothing but it. How do you feel? Diamond out of  prison back in Detroit? Anari wanting to move?

Who do you want to hear from next?

Comment. Comment. Comment.

Editing the whole book so bear with me. I unpublished all the chapters if you were wondering.