Chapter 6

*Da'Vonte POV*

September 9

"So, when you wanna do the family barbecue?" My fiancé Kamrin asked.

"I don't know. Next weekend should be good." We was in the car bout to take Kamrin and our 4 year old daughter Danielle to the nail salon. My son Daylen, who is 8 months, and I are just gonna chill out I guess. I don't know why I couldn't wrap it up, I could have been with Kimberly by now.

"What you thinking bout baby?" Kamrin asked.

"Nothing" I replied back.

"Oh, you just looked zoned out" I sighed as I turned into the nail salon parking lot. "Okay, I'll call you when we're almost done" I nodded.

"Bye daddy" Danielle yelled cheesing and waving.

"Bye princess. Have fun with your mom."

"Yes sir." I couldn't have but laugh at her sassy self. I pulled off and started driving towards Kimberly house. I shot her a text letting her know I was on my way.

Don't judge me. All we do is talk and maybe fool around from time to time but she knows I'm engaged. She just likes being around Daylen.

When I pulled up, I got Daylen carrier out and walked to the front door. Before I could knock, the door sprung open.

"DayBear" She exclaimed taking his carrier from me and walking inside. I followed her closing the door.

"Well then , I don't exist do I ?" I asked when she got him out the seat and was kissing his face.

"Hey D. How are you? Where Dani" she asked making faces at my son while he giggled uncontrollably.

"Dani with her mom and I'm fine now that I'm
here with you"

"Oh stop it." She said getting a bottle out Daylen's bag and feeding him.

"So I'm having a family barbecue. You coming? Good make baked beans, pound cake, and peach cobbler. "

"Wait a minute! You got a wifey that can do all that."

"But yours is better. So please come"

"Finee" She said. I took a minute to take in her beauty. Even in a simple outfit.

 Even in a simple outfit

She looked wonderful. I got up from the recliner I was sitting in and went by her on the couch. Daylen was in her arms sleep. I laid my head on her lap taking Day and putting him on my chest. I felt myself drifting to sleep.

"Da'Vonte Berrien! Wake yo ass up." I slowly opened my eyes to Kimberly hitting my head.

"Yes baby?" I wrapped my arms around her. I looked down and seen Daylen strapped up in his seat.

"Wifey called and texted." She said handing me my phone.

"Shit. How long was I sleep?" Kammie finna be on my ass.

"About an hour" I sat up looking at the 6 missed calls and 10 text messages.

"Alright. I gotta go." I stood up and Kimberly picked Daylen's Carrier up. She knows how to strap his seat in like Kamrin does.

Once he was in and strapped in , I hugged Kimberly and kissed her cheek.

"I'll see you later okay."

"Alrighty."

I hopped in the car and drove off. I called Kamrin back.

"What?" she answered with obvious anger in her voice.

"I fell asleep at Darrell house. I just woke up babe I'll be there in bout 10 minutes"

"Whatever. Hurry up Danielle is tired." with that she hung up.

I dialed my son number.

"Wassup Pops"

"If Kammie call asking if I was there , say yes and say I fell asleep there too."

"You was at Keisha Ma house again?"

"Yeah man. She want to see your baby bro."

"What else y'all nasty asses did?"

"Nothing I legit fell asleep over there, me and Daylen." I said pulling up into the nail salon.

"You need to stop going over there when Kammie bend her back for you."

"I just wish I got Kim before getting Kamrin pregnant. I love my two kids and Kamrin but it's something bout Kimberly that I want so bad but I gotta go. " I hung up the phone.

"Hey Daddy. Where were you? We was waiting on you" Danielle said while Kamrin strapped her in. "I got pink sparkly nails."

"You did Babygirl?" I asked as Kam got in and slammed the door.

"Yes daddy. My baby brother sleepy?" she asked.

"No me and him took a nap earlier at your big brother house." I started the car and drove out the parking lot.

"Hey, that's not fair. I wanted to go" I laughed looking at her pout in the backseat.

"You were with mommy. Remember?" She nodded but still was pouting. "I'll take you tomorrow" She started smiling. "spoiled butt" I mumbled.

I grabbed Kamrin's hand and she pulled it away. I sighed and just drove home.

"Are you cheating on me?" Kamrin asked when we were laying in bed.

"No, Why would I do that?" I said with no hesitation so she wouldn't suspect anything.

"Because you cheated on me all while I was pregnant with Danielle and Daylen."

"When I proposed, I said I was too old to be cheating and sneaking around. I'm done with that. "

"But I tell you everywhere I go, everything I do, who I do what with. I give you all my passwords to everything I have. But I can't hold your phone unless it's locked. You didn't even tell me where you were going but you always go to Darrell's house and never fall asleep because you know you have to come back and get me so where were you really"

"I was at my son's house. Like I said." She sighed and turned away from me turning her lamp off. I sat in bed and shot Kimberly a goodnight text. Her name in my phone is 'Juicy'. That's what we call one of my cousins so Kam would never think anything of it and I delete me and Kimberly's messages everytime so it's okay.

I turned my lamp off and laid down.

------
This occurred the same day Anari went on the luncheon with her mom.

What do you think? I did this chapter all about Da'Vonte aka Big D because I feel like he doesn't get no attention and we never see his side of the book.

Well what do you want to happen next? Who do you want to hear from?

The family barbecue is next chapter.

Check out the new cast list on chapter 5. Tell me if you can see it on this chapter too please.  💕

not edited

leave plenty of comments.