Chapter 22

*Keenan's POV*

"Keenan breathe" my mom said coming to my side. I was hyperventilating because Anari was in labor and had been all day. We didn't even finish our Mexican food because her water broke after she started laughing at this video. She was handling it like a G considering she was doing it all natural.

I was just a little nervous. The last time I was with someone who was giving birth to my children died.

Flashback...

"Keenan.. This hurts so bad" I was very nonchalant during this whole process. I didn't know if these babies were mine, but she convinced me for nine months that they were so I came to the hospital for the birth.

"You'll be aight" I said standing up holding her hand. "Just push when the doc say push"

"Alright Miss Tameka. I want you to push on three" the doc said popping her head up "one.. two.. three.." Meka started grunting as she pushed.

"You got it Meka. Push girl" I said encouraging her. I had to do something she was really starting to look tired.

"I see the head mama. Push one more time. One BIG push"

"I can't do this Keenan. I'm too young" she said crying.

"Girl if you don't suck it up like you been doing all this time and push" I said holding her hand tighter. She just sat there. "PUSH damn it" I yelled scaring her. She started pushing and I heard a high pitched cry. The doctor held up my baby. I just knew it was my baby.

"One more Tameka. She is already crowning" Tameka pushed and pushed until the second baby.

"I did it.." she mumbled before her heart monitor starting picking up pace.

"She's bottoming out. Get him out of here" The doctor yelled. I felt her hand go limp in mine before I was pulled away. "I need blood! She's bleeding and I need to stop the bleeding. Call the OR" they yelled before I was pulled the waiting room.

"My babies. Where are they going?" I said trying to walk back.

"Sir they are being cleaned and clothed. I will notify you when you can go to the nursery and see them" I just nodded and called my mama. Tameka went into labor before school and we had been here ever since. I was 18 and about to be a father. I couldn't believe it.

I waited in the waiting room with my mom and Tameka's parents for an hour and a half. I was able to see the girls and they were gorgeous. I knew they were mine. They had my nose and my ears and one of them had my eyes. I didn't pick names yet because I wanted to know if those babies were mine.

"Family of Tameka Bolden" the doctor said coming out to the waiting room. We all stood up and merged over to where she was. "After giving birth to the twins, Tameka loss a lot of blood. Therefore, I regret to inform you that she passed away"

"No no no no... Not my baby" Tameka's mom said breaking down crying.

"I'm so sorry" I nodded shocked at what I just heard and the first thought that popped into my head was the babies. Those babygirls will grow up without a mother. I ran passed everyone to the nursery. I walked in seeing one of the nurses feeding one of them. I picked up the other and smiled with a tear coming down my face.

"Heaven.. Your name is Heaven Meleah Register" I mumbled to her. "and your sister over there is Nevaeh Maleka Register. We gone be alright. Your mommy died but me you and your sister got each other forever"

End of flashback

"Ma. I can't lose Anari like I lost the twin's mom" I said with tears threatening to leave my eyes.