Chapter 15

*Marcus' PoV*

"Here is your case load Mr. Johnson. I organized them from least complicated to the most complicated. I went in and annotated it and wrote my notes on the side, but you can defintely go in and make your own of course" I nodded listening to my assistant. I had just started my new job. I was finally putting my law degree to use. At first, I couldn't find an attorney job because I didn't try hard enough. I really wanted to make fast money so I just took the job opening for a prison guard at a women's correctional facility. 

"Anything else, Lori?" I asked starting to look over the paperwork she handed me. My assistant Lauren was a law student who was interning at the firm I work at. She is so helping and eager to practice law.

"Yes! A Mr. Antonio called and asked if you can pick up food for him and a Diamond. He called about thirty minutes ago, but you were on the phone with a client when he called." I nodded. 

"Thank you Lori. You can take this case and study it. Give me a game plan tomorrow morning and we will go from there" I smiled handing her back a folder out of my case load. She nodded and walked out my office. I wiped my smile off my face and started packing my things. 

Things just haven't been the same since Laila was born. Before I met Diamond's daughters and before Antonio, me and Di had a strong relationship. She confided in me with her problems. She helped me figure myself out and I did the same for her. It actually made me happy when she got pregnant, but it also made her sad because she wanted her daughters. That is why I knew I had to help her reconnect with her family. I didn't know doing that would cause her to straight do me dirty. 

The past couple of days of Laila's life have been a struggle. Antonio has been at my house for five days. He stayed over twice. I'm just not understanding. One day Diamond told me about Anari and her situation, and I can't believe that this lady actually said she was disappointed in her daughter. She is literally cheating on me. 

I inhaled a very deep breath taking in my thoughts and exhaled emptying my thoughts out my head so I can leave work. I finished packing and walked out to my car. I stopped and got Diamond some food, but I'm not getting another man food. I refuse. 

*Anari's PoV*

"Oh yeah. Keenan, what did the test say? You started telling me then we were interrupted." I said glancing over at him. I was driving to pick the girls up once again. They were coming to my house because Heaven wanted to show me her dance she learned for her recital coming up.

"Ohhh... Yeah Both babies are mine." when he said that I didn't have anything to say. I'm glad I know or whatnot. I just... How am I gonna tell Darrell? I mean he kinda wanted the babies to be his because of Keisha and their whole situation. "Anari?"

"Yeah.. What?" I said shaking my head pulling into Mrs.Register's driveway.

"How you feel?" I'm shocked.

"Im good. Go get the girls" He frowned before getting out. I grabbed my phone and texted Darrell.

We need to talk..

"Hey ma" the twins said in unison getting in the car. "Hey girls how was your day?"

"Good" they said again in unison. Wow 9 years old and still do that.

*Darrell's POV*

We need to talk..

What the hell do we need to talk about? I mean i don't think i've done anything bad. Lemme just text her back.

Alright, I'll come over