Chapter 27

*Anari's POV*

March 18

It has been two weeks. Two weeks since I got in my car and started to drive. I have been to Indiana, Illinois, Idaho, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico and now I was riding across Texas. I just ride and ride each day. I get hotels when I get too sleepy and I even bought a couple pieces of clothing items to suffice on my trip.

Keenan calls me each and everyday, but I just ensure him that I am fine. I am just driving and seeing things that I have never seen my whole life. I went to a casino in Vegas. I went on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and took a couple pictures. I saw the grand canyon in Arizona. I drove through Albuquerque. I am having the time of my life. I looked at my phone when my music stopped playing to a phone call from Darrell.

"Hello"

"Hey Anari. I know it has been awhile since we last talked, but Keenan really wants to know where you are. He can't track your phone because he isn't paying on it and he asked my dad, but he aint talking" I send my papa D my updates with promise that he won't let anyone know of my whereabouts. He just deposits money into my account whenever I tell him I am entering a new state. He sent me a good grip when I got an oil change and my tires rotated and balanced in New Mexico. It didn't even cost that much.

"I am fine"

"Anari"

"I am fine" I said once more.

"You can talk to me" he said softly.

Well... Let's start at the fact that I miss my bestfriend, but he hasn't looked at me the same since he found out my babies weren't his or the fact that I feel trapped in that house with Keenan and the kids 24/7. If I knew life would have been like this... I don't know... Maybe I would have got out before I got in too deep. Maybe when I got out the coma I would have just took the chance to start a new life in one of these nice states that I have rode through.

"Everything just isn't what it seems" I said instead of spewing my thoughts on the phone. All he will do is tell Keenan and Keenan will try to get me to come home, but I am not ready.

"Anari. Your kids miss you"

"The only ones who can miss me is Heaven and Nevaeh.The boys are babies. They don't even know I am gone"

"Well, how about Alexis?"

"I call her as well. Everything is not what it seems. I am fine" I said hanging up. I saw the exit for Houston and decided to stop there.

*Darrell's POV*

"She didn't budge bruh" I said into the phone to Keenan.

"Did you hear anything? Like was she in a busy environment"

"I didn't hear anything. It wasn't too loud. I have no idea where she is"

"Fuck! I did nothing wrong. We were literally chillin in the living room holding the babies and then she spaced out. Like she was thinking hard and then she closed her eyes. She opened them and said she was going for a drive. She aint been back since. Where the hell is she?"

"I dont know nigga damn"

"You probably do, but since you got something against me you aint saying shit" he said hanging up.

"Think what the hell you want Keenan. I'm not the one who doesn't know where their girl is" I said out loud to myself.

I'm just worried about Anari. She sounded drained on the phone like she was tired of everything going around her. I know from experience that having kids isn't a walk in the park. It's hard and stressful and she hasn't had a child from birth. Alexis was four when she really started caring for her and the girls were also five when she started caring for them. She may not be acquainted to parenting or it's something else. Something is on her mind and she isn't telling me.