Chapter 24

*Keisha's POV*

"Darrell..." I said laying next to him. It was a slight relief to be home (well Darrell's home) after I dropped all the girls off at their respective houses.

"Wassup Keisha" he said not taking his eyes off the tv.

"I have been thinking about things"

"Wassup ma"

"Well.. first.. I have noticed obviously that we have been doing better. We take turns staying at each other houses, so I was thinking that I move back here in our old house" I said looking at him. He looked at me. I guess he was trying to see if I was lying or not.

"I honestly have been thinking about moving away. I wanna move down south like Texas or Georgia or Louisiana or somewhere. I wanna move and I want you and the kids to move down there with me"

"Oh that sounds great. Like have you been looking at jobs down there. Like.. what's the move?" I asked sitting up in the bed.

"I have been looking to take classes about insurance because I have been looking and contacting this insurance business and I can be a financial advisor there if I have insurance type background"

"Where is it?"

"It is in Mississippi"

"Oh wow like you serious"

"Yes Keisha. I am serious. I wanna put this degree to use and actually like the job" He said.

"Well... I'm proud of you. I'm glad that you are taking it serious. I guess I will start looking at elementary schools down there then"

"Yeah.. Is that all?" He said looking at me.

"No. I was thinking about something" I said getting a little nervous. Now that I am thinking about what I was about to say, I don't think I can tell him. He might turn me down.

"What have you been thinking about?" he said laying his hand on my hands because I was rubbing them together.

"I want another baby" I mumbled.

"I can see that" he said shocking the hell out of me. "once we get real good with each other. I don't want to bring another baby into the world without us being on real good graces. I want us to be emotionally stable and have stability in our relationship.

Five years ago, I would have been focused on Anari. I would have been focused on tryna make quick easy money all while playing ball. However, ya know.. things change. I got you pregnant and I graduated highschool and went to college and ya know I never embraced the present. I was too stuck on the past for anything. I have been doing alot of thinking about me and you and the kids and my future. I am still young so things can still change.

I want them to change Keisha" he said causing tears to form in my eyes. It was great hearing these things from him. I can tell that Darrell is changed. He is changed for the better and I love it.

I have been waiting on Darrell to have this mental break through. I have been waiting on him to realize the worth of me and his family, and now is the time. Now is the time that we finally move forward.

"I love you Darrell" I mumbled.

"I love you too Keisha" he said kissing my hands and turning back towards the tv. "One day with another baby. Let's take it one step at a time" he said. I nodded and got off the bed going to the bathroom to wash my face.

Next Day

"Mama. Darrell is really changed" I said sitting on the couch. My siblings and I have a routine to come to my mom's house once a week to basically discuss life.

"Mhmmm is he really?" my mom scoffed.

"Right" Kristen said cosigning.

"Yes. We have been alternating staying at each other's houses. We have a good routine with the kids. We sleep in the same bed. We chill together and everything, but I know what yall finna say... 'is that all? anybody can do that'" I said mocking them. "But last night we was talking about things and he mentioned how he wants to start fresh in a new environment. He has been looking at a job in Mississippi and I wouldn't mind moving"

"Sooo you would up and leave us?" my mom asked.

"I mean it's not like we are moving tomorrow. I don't wanna leave and move until he has a job, so we won't be blindly moving to a new state with no family. We just started talking about it so it will take time. I'm sure we would like the kids finish school. They are doing good in their Kindergarten classes, so I want them to finish here" I said nodding.

"It's still the simple fact Keisha. I don't want you to move states away and then boom. Darrell do something to make you leave again and you can't just come to mama house while things cool off. You have to stay there and actually work things out. Are you willing to do that?" Keenan said rocking his sons' carseats back and forth. I don't know why he didn't leave the babies at home.

"You my little sister. Imma always be on your side and I am always going to worry. From past situations, I can tell that Darrell is a complete idiot and at times he only cares about himself" Kristen said

"But he-"

"But he's changed we know that's what you are about to say, but K and I have watched you cry and watched you continuously be disrespected about the actions of this man"

"Y'all I married the man and y'all never had these things to say"

"Sorry mama.. But I don't give a damn about the dude. I always told you that I got bad vibes from him even when you was in highschool. Especially when you got pregnant and he was never around for it. I tolerated him because I knew you "loved" him, so I put on my big sister panties and supported you" Kristen said "I will only respect him because of my nieces and nephew, but don't say I never said shit about it" she said getting up.

"K sit ya ass down. You not a lil kid anymore" my mom scolded making her sit down. One thing we never did was disrespect our mom. No matter how old. We sat in silence until Kristen spoke up.

"I'm sorry. I just hate to see you move to another state and get hurt without us there"

Kristen was always the one to stay quiet when me and Keenan were arguing. She never wanted to get in the middle, so her speaking up right now kinda made me mad. She didn't have shit to say when I was in these situations but the moment I say I wanna move with my husband, it's a problem.

"I need to move away from you guys. I need to be able to stand on my own and make it right with my family without the help of my mom or my brother or my sister. I need this" I said smiling. I was sure of this. This was the one things that I was sure of right now. I just kinda want their okay. I would hate to regret moving because of my family.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Short update because I didn't want in to be all over the place. Not edited! :)