If I Fell- Mr. Moonlight (Chap 11)

Miss America herself was waiting at the bottom of the stairs. I probably wasn’t wrong in thinking she had won Miss America, she might as well of.

“I heard some screaming, is everything okay?” Mrs. Collins asked me. I wasn’t in the mood to talk. How she could give birth to such an inconsiderate fool was beyond me.

“No, but that’s not much of your business. I hope you’re not expecting me again,” I said, brushing past her and out the front door. It was a little rude, but I was hurt. I didn’t know what to think, I wanted to be friends with Zane, but he always seemed to make things complicated.

“How was it?” My mom asked the second I walked through the door. I was only gone about thirty minutes, so she must think something went wrong. I just gave her an ‘I don’t want to talk about it’ look and she said, “That’s fine, go upstairs and get to bed. You’ve had a big day.”

I nodded and headed past her and up the stairs. I took a long, hot shower, taking time to scrub my hair clean. I wasted about fifteen minutes in the shower, against my better conscience. I pulled on a pair of blue softies and a gray tee. Sighing, I decided that my frumpy mood needed to be stopped. Who cares about Zane? Screw him. Whatever he decides to do, I can go on continuing to live my life the same way I had before he came into it. And I’m sure once I give Jake a day or so to cool down, he’ll be okay, too. I have a strong voice of reason. He’ll come around.

I pulled out my iPod speakers and stuck my cheap old iPod in it. I had the original video one. It’s big, obnoxious, scratched, and sometimes has malfunctions, but I wouldn’t trade the 30G’s of songs for any of those new ones. I went straight to my summer playlist. It was more of a feel good list of songs, but it’s all the same. I shuffled the songs, and The Beatles’ version of “Shout” came on. I didn’t care if it was eight P.M., or that it was dark out, because I threw my head back and screamed,

“You know you make me want to SHOUT!” and started to jump around my room. I could already hear someone coming up the stairs to tell me to be quiet, but I had already looked both my bedroom and bathroom doors.

“Shut up Julia!” I heard Luke scream from outside my door.

I ignored him. He went away. He can’t win.

By this time, the song had ended. “Night Drive” by The All-American Rejects came on. I decided to pick out my outfit for tomorrow, and I danced over to my closet. I picked out one of my favorite outfits, a pair of light purple shorts, my yellow v-neck top with a large multi-colored peace sign on it along with a dove, my peace sign scarf, my turquoise converse, and my eco-friendly circle earrings. Then my favorite part of the song came on, and I sang it with all my heart,

“One day, you’ll see, even if you got down on your knees you couldn’t make my stay….                                                                                                          Drive all night! You’re never gonna get me…..                                                                                                                            You wrecked my life so I’m gonna have to drive all night!”

Defiantly a feel-good song. I got my straighener ready for tomorrow, since I loved my hair straight with my outfit. And, what the heck, I broke out the good old eye liner.

Around nine-ish, I had to convert my speakers to headphones, since my sister had to settle down. I listened to music, mostly lying in my bed since it was getting late, until ten-thirty. The feel-good playlist included I’m Down, What I Like About You, Steal My Sunshine, Don’t Stop Beleivin’, Forward Motion, Getting Better (Live), and an assortment of other awesome songs. So, feeling refreshed, I turned my iPod down a little, and put it on my “lullaby” music, the Abbey Road medley.