If I Fell- Boys(Chap 7)

“Take a squat,” Jake told us, and Alec and I sat down in the chairs.

                Jake and Alec got along fine. I could tell they weren’t ever going to be the best of friends, but they liked each other enough. We talked about nonsense, school, and such.

“So, has Julia driven you insane with The Beatles yet?” Alec asked Jake.

“Hey!” I said.

“Not quite, but she’s getting there,” he told us.

“Hey!” I said again.

“Oh, just you wait until one of their birthdays, she goes all out. It’s crazy, she has parties! Even for the dead ones!” Alec told Jake.

“Well it wouldn’t be fair if only Paul and Ringo got parties!” I defended myself.

“Julia, you make cake for dead people.”

“They are not dead, they are immortal.”

“You really are insane about them, aren’t you?” Jake asked.

“No dip, Sherlock,” I told him.

“If she does start to drive you insane,” Alec started, “just play the song In My Life, or Julia, or Here Today.”

“What about those songs?” Jake asked. His lack of Beatles knowledge saddened me.

“Well, Julia is her name, so that song drives her insane, like it’s meant for her. And In My Life and Here Today both make her cry.”

“Really?” Jake asked, laughing.

“Hey, In My Life is very emotional, plus it talks about their dead band mate!”

“So that’s a Beatles one?” he asked.

“Yeah. The other one is a Paul song. And that can make anyone cry, if they knew what it was about!”

“I’m getting those songs.”

“Do you want to see me cry?”

“You can cry on my shoulder.”

“Hump.” I wanted this conversation to be over.

“Hey Jules, what time is it?” Alec asked me.

“Ha ha, hey Jules sounds like Hey Jude,” I said. He just rolled his eyes at me. “Ok, don’t bite my head off, it’s one thirty.”

“My ride is here.”

“Like, now?”

“Yes, like now. My mom said she’d have someone pick me up at one thirty at your place. I really gotta go. I’ll show myself out. Nice meeting you, Jake,” and with that, he got up, and left.

“I think I like him,” Jake said, motioning me to come towards him.

“What?” I asked, and he pulled me down on his lap. I sat sideways, with my legs across the arm of the chair. “Why do you like him? Not that I’m complaining.”

“He gives me advice on how to deal with you.”

“Hey, here’s an idea, instead of just dealing with my Beatle-ness, how about you start liking them?”

“How about no?”

“You won’t even try? Even for me?” I stuck my lip out.

“Fine. Why don’t you make a disk of some of their songs for me?”

“Really? Really?” I was excited now.

“Yeah.”

“Yay!” I screamed, wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a hug. “Thank you!” I said, pulling back and giving him a peck on the cheek.