If I Fell- I've Just Seen A Face (Chap 4)

Thursday morning was a blur, honestly. I woke up late, even for me, around 3 p.m. I decided to just stay in my room until dinner, since I had already missed two meals. I checked my phone, and saw I had a text from Jake asking what I was up to. We texted random non-sense for a little while, but he had to go to... I don't remember, do something. I put my phone on my bedside table and buried my hair in the pillows. I could've easily gone back to sleep when my phone started ringing. It was my mom. She can be lazier then me at times, I swear.

"Mom, you're insane." Yep, that's how I answer the phone to the woman who gave birth to me.

"Dinner is at seven tonight, and we're having company. So dress nice." It was five then, so I still had another two hours. Usually we eat at five. This is going to kill me. And company? I probably look like crap right now.

"Who?" I asked.

"The Collins. They'll be moving in on Saturday, and since you have that school thing tomorrow, I wanted to have them over before they moved in."

"I don't think I like them, I'll pass," I told her. I really didn't feel like getting dressed up for a met and greet with the all-American family plus creepy child.

"Ha ha, good one. Be down here by six to help me cook and whatnot." Click. So, I had an hour to get ready. Groaning, I got out of bed and took a quick shower. I might not want to look good, but I didn't want to smell like my brother's toilet. I take quick showers, about five minutes, so I was out in no time. Part of that is that I'm tree hugger. But I embrace my tree hugger-ness. I went to my closet to pick out something to wear. I pulled out my skinny khakis. Nice, yet my style. I also picked out a Beatles shirt. At least half of me looked nice. It was my favorite Beatles shirt, it's a very dark blue with all of their faces on it from the album "With the Beatles" and it had LOVE written across the top with each letter a different color. After putting my pants and shirt on, I put on green converse. They matched the "O" color on my shirt. Then, I put on my rings. That's usually the only jewelry I wear. I have about ten rings, and I wear five at a time. I put on my plain green, blue, and yellow rings, plus my owl one and my mood ring me and Courtney had matching of. I put my hair up, since I didn't feel like drying it. This was kind of a challenge because of its length, but after I put a headband and a few bobby pins in, I was fine. I added brown eye shadow to my eyes, and that's about it for make-up. I only have three or four colors of eye shadow and some eyeliner that I wear whenever I feel like it. This isn't often. One day last year, I put on eyeliner, eye shadow, and mascara, and I was the gossip for the day. Alec just about had a spasm attack. He's very protective, so when one of his friends called me hot, I thought he was gonna blow. I looked at my phone, and I still had half an hour. Curse my ability to get ready fast. I sat at my desk and played games on my phone. They weren't very entertaining, so I got bored fast. It was only quarter to six, but I went downstairs anyway. When I got to the kitchen, I saw that Mom laid out the fancy table cloth and all of our good plates. I looked to the stove and saw my mom making stuff. Good food, probably.

"When can we start acting normal around these people?" I ask my mom. Seriously.

"When they officially move in. We don't want to scare them off."

"True, true." And it was.

"Can you gather up your brother and sister and make sure they look okay? And change your shirt and shoes."

"Only if I don't have to change." At that, my mom looked over my outfit. She rolled her eyes.

"Fine." Smiling, I went to find Sarah and Luke. They were most likely in the basement, where they always are. Luke is obsessed with the computer, and Sarah with the Wii. I think the Beatles is a much healthier obsession, but what to the evs.