If I Fell- A Day In The Life

I woke up to the sweet smell of bacon. I looked over at my clock and saw that it was nine a.m. I knew what was going on. My mom knows that she can always wake me up with bacon. And it's early. She wants me to go somewhere. So I pushed my covers off me and went downstairs to our kitchen table. Sure enough, there was already a plate of bacon, toast, and fruit in front of me. I looked to my left, toward the kitchen, and gave my mom a "what are you up to" look from where she was standing behind the counter.

"Back to school shopping!" she exclaimed, smiling all the while. I groaned. I liked little shopping trips, but as they say, 'shop till you drop', which is usually after an hour for me. And my mom insisted on buying me anything I had any interest in at all. "Come on, school starts Tuesday," she told me. She was right, plus I did actually need a few things.

"Fine," I told her, taking a bite of my bacon. I love bacon. But it gets me to do evil things.

"Be ready in an hour," she told me. Joy. It was going to be a long day.

We walked out of the mall, and I had at least ten bags in my hands, and my mom had double of that. It was around 3 in the afternoon now. We had hit up Delias, Wet Seal, Icing, JC Penny's, Target, and Macy's. Those were my favorite stores, so it was kind of enjoyable. My mom had tried to get me to go into Hollister and A and F but I wasn't having any of that. All those clothes looked the same and weren't very original. I bought a few pairs of jeans, skinny jeans in all different colors, Beatles t's, other band/vintage shirts, different colored shorts, shirts I liked, a few rings, a new pair of flats, and two new pairs of converse. We loaded the bags into my mom's SUV and pulled out of the parking lot. I loved my mom's car; it was built like a truck. It was the only car big enough to hull my siblings, our friends, and all of our stuff around to where we need to be. She didn't particularly love it, but I did. The drive home was quiet; I think we had had enough of each other at the mall all day. We didn't argue or anything, I just told her everything about everything, so there was nothing left to say. The drive was short, about fifteen minutes. One we got home, my mom helped my carry everything up to my room. When I get new clothes, I always give some away. It's not something my parents force me to do, or the fact that I can only have a number of clothing items. It's just that I don't like my closet being overcrowded, and I figure I don't need all I have forever. So I hung my new clothes up and picked out a few shirts that I never wear anymore, and some jeans that didn't fit anymore. One I was done, I laid down on my bed, tired from the long day. It was nearing five now. My day had been wasted shopping. Great. I noticed that my phone was right by my alarm, and that I had failed to remember to take it with my today. I turned it on and saw I had two new messages. Slow day in the message world, I guess. One was from Ally, telling me that she learned a new Beatles song on guitar. We always filled each other in on that stuff, cause if one of us learned a song that would mean that person would force the others to learn it soon so we could play it together. Another thing on my to-do list. The other was from Lauran, saying to call her right now. The message was sent recently, only about ten minutes ago. So I called her, wondering what she could want. "Hola," she answered.

"Cut to the chase. What's going on?" I was concerned. What could be going on?

"It's Alec." I started freaking. Oh, no. Something really had to be up if she was talking about Alec. She was friends with him but not as close as I am to him. And Molly and Ally aren't really friends with him at all. Him and Molly are kind of friends, they get along and their cool. But Ally hates him. I don't know why, they just don't like each other for some reason.

"What..." I said, questionably.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch, it's nothing bad. He was just talking to me on Facebook."

"Oh. Why?"

"Well he wanted to talk to you but you weren't on and he could only be on the computer for a little while, so he wanted me to tell you something."

"Should I be concerned?"

"No, he just wanted me to tell you that he misses you like crazy."

"And you couldn't text me this because....?"

"It's so cute!"

"I have a boyfriend."

"But he's your soul mate! You two are," but I cut her off.

"I know, I know, separated at birth, but not, because we're soul mates. Bye"

"Bye." We hung up. My group of school friends all though that Alec and I were soul mates, all that stuff, and they always teased us about it. We did date for a while, but it was messy, and I don't like to think about it. But everyone always thought that we would end up together. I think not. It was a daily thing for people to ask us if we were dating. We ignore it. But for a while, he thought I did like him because he said our friends had a good argument. That didn't last very long, because I reminded him that they thought he liked me too, so he shook that idea off quickly. Alec was like my brother. Would you date your brother? I think not.

"JULIA!" Luke called up the stairs. I'm guessing it was dinner. I rushed out of my room and down the stairs. In the living room, I saw Luke, Sarah, and my mom all with shoes on and looking like they were ready to go somewhere. Dad went away for work. At least that's what I'm assuming, when he was absent from home that's where he was.

"We're going out, coming or staying?" my mom asked.

"Staying." I loved that she gave me a choice.

"Make something for yourself then, bye." They headed out the front door. I collapsed on the couch. My day was eaten up already, so I made myself soup and watched TV for two hours. I was tired then, and went to my room. Today was an uneventful day, and tomorrow wasn't looking full of promise either. But the next day will be Friday; I'll get to see my friends. I think I'll text Jake tomorrow.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: short, sorry! I just wanted to upload soon. I'll probably upload again this weekend. So, I'm watching vampire diaries, the only vamp thing I can stand, and they always make me cry :( haha. Anybody watch that show? Do you cry a lot? I cry like every episode, haha. I'm gonna start having a song of the day, whoop whoop! Beatles/related works and not Beatles, otherwise they'd just all be Beatles, haha. So!

Beatles: (Actually, this is a Paul McCartney song, but related works. Yeah) Ever Present Past. Love that song!

Other: Bluebird, by Sara Berellis, or however you spell her last name, haha.