If I Fell- Prologue-ish

"Get back! Get back! Get back to where you once belonged!" I shouted, throwing my head back. I was having a full out Beatles jam session in my now almost empty room. I was leaving my last camp of the summer, and by far the best. The two weeks I spent here in San Francisco were some of the best days of my life. I made some of the greatest friends ever. As the song finished up, I finished zippering up my extremely large suitcase. The room was officially barren now, and it was kind of depressing. My roommate had left the day before, because her district started school early. I found it weird a school could start in the middle of August. I pulled my headphones out of my ears and put them in my carry-on. It was going to be a long flight back to Maryland. I was about to carry my stuff out of the room when my phone vibrated. It was a text from Jake, one of my best friends I had made,

"Julia! Get ur butt down here! Evan's leaving RIGHT NOW!

And he said he wont luv u anymore if you dont say bye."

I laughed at this. Evan was another one of my great friends I made over the weeks, and he had grown to be like a big brother to me. I quickly looked in the mirror before running down to the lobby. I had on denim shorts that went just above the knee, and a dark blue shirt that read, "Can't keep a ninja down" in pink lettering. My brown hair was down, as it most always was, and it fell just above my shoulders. My blue eyes were highlighted well with my brown eyeliner. I was wearing flip flops, which I preferred, but didn't help with the fact that I was only 5'1". That's pretty small for a fourteen-year-old girl. Satisfied enough with my appearance, I quickly dashed out of my room, through the hallway, and down the stairs. I was very lucky that my room had been on the third floor, because there was only one elevator and it took forever. When I reached the lobby, I quickly found my group of friends. Some of them had gone home already, except for Jake, Evan, Zoe, David and I.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" I asked, walking over to them. They all turned to look at me when Evan completely tackled me into a big bear hug. "Gosh, Evan, trying to kill me much?" I asked, taken back at first.

"Juuuuuliaaaa! I'm gonna miss you!" he said in a whinny voice, pretending to be crying the whole time.

"You'll get over it," I said, pulling back and smiling. He smiled back and gave me one more quick hug before pulling back into his place in the group. I went to stand next to Jake and Zoe. Jake was freakishly tall compared to me; he was probably a good seven inches taller than me. He had dark brown hair and the typical styled boy hair-cut, where he would flick his head to get it out of his eyes. I made fun of him saying he looked like that Biber kid, who I did not particularly like. He had the deepest shade of brown eyes I had ever seen, and they were gorgeous on him. Zoe, on the other hand, was smaller than me. I'm pretty sure she was small enough to be a legal midget. But she was tough; ever say that to her and you were in for a beating. She had bleach blonde hair and a pixie-styled hair cut, which matched wonderfully with her light blue eyes. Zoe and I had formed quite the bond over the past two weeks. Standing directly opposite me was Evan, who could've been Jake's clone, except for the fact that he had dark green eyes and might have been a little shorter. And to his right, standing next to Zoe, was David. David was the "class clown" of the camp, if you will. He always knew how to make me laugh. He was shorter than Evan, but a couple inches taller than me. He was tan to the max and had very short black hair. I don't really know what color his eyes really are, because he had over fifteen pairs of colored contacts just to change them up. Today though, they were a light brown.

"So now I've really gotta get going guys, I guess I'll talk to you later," Evan said, picking up his bag and heading towards the doors. We all shouted our good-byes to him, and I added the fact that he needs to make it priority to text me. He just laughed and walked out the door, where his family was standing. He lived somewhere nearby, so his parents could just pick him up. I turned back to the other three of my friends remaining. I was getting a little teary-eyed, this was the fifth friend we had seen leave today, and Erin, my roommate, left yesterday.