If I Fell- Kansas City/Hey-hey-hey-hey! (Chap 2)

Alright, so I'll admit, I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can put two and two together. So as I stood there and looked right at Jake, and him looking back at me, I knew what was going on. He had mentioned helping relatives move, so from what I can gather, he's here to help some family move. I'm glad I took the time to think that one through, or else this could have been awkward with a capital AWK. I'm thinking that I must of phased out there while I was thinking, because the next thing I know, Luke comes out from the side and scared the living crap out of me when he screams,

"Don't think too hard!" right into my ear and runs off. I was about to chase after him when I remembered not only was my new boyfriend standing right there, so was his family. So I stayed put and put an innocent smile on my face. My dad came up from behind me, put his hand on my shoulder, and lead me into the living room where everyone was sitting. Jake and his family took up one of our couches, plus my favorite chair, urg, and my family was seated on the other couch. It was kind of a tight fit, all five of us, but there were six of them on one couch. As I saw it, Jake's family consisted of two sets of parents, Jake, a cute little girl that must have been younger than my sister, and some guy that looked about our age. And he was sitting on my favorite chair. Sure, the chair was pretty beat -up and ugly, but it was comfy, and I liked sitting on it when I read. Even my family knows- sit in the chair, and you die. I was about to send that kid looks that would kill, when my dad spoke up.

"Julia, this is Mister and Missus Collins, their daughter Sophie, and their son Zane," he said. The couple he pointed to looked like they could have been related, they had the same bleach blonde hair and blue eyes, along with little Sophie. But that Zane kid? Not only did I not like him at this point already, but he just looked like trouble. He had jet black hair and those same blue eyes. I'm guessing he dyed his hair to be original and what not. That didn't surprise me, because he was one of those kids you look at and just think, trouble. "They are going to be our new neighbors soon. And this is Mrs. Collins' sisters' family, the Robinsons and their son Jake, they're helping them move in." So that weird kid was Jake's cousin. I could kind of see it, they looked like they might be related. It was obvious his mom was related to Mrs. Collins, they looked like they could be twins. I could see Jake got his hair and eye color from his dad.

"Say hi, honey," my mom told me. Guess I got caught up in thinking and what not. I waved hi sheepishly. My mom and dad sounded like they were being quite proper. They probably wanted to make a good impression. Whatever.

"Mom, I know Jake," I simply said. They looked confused. "From camp," I added. The confusion left their face. Here comes the best part. "And he's my boyfriend." This time, I shocked everyone! Even Zane sat up in his seat when he heard that. But no one said a word. I laughed. I mean, everyone's faces were priceless! Then Jake joined in. Then Luke. And pretty soon, the entire room was laughing. I felt accomplished that I had created a cheesy movie moment. Score one for me!

"Well it was nice meeting you, I guess I'll see you around," I said, once the laughter died down. I was happy no one protested as I walked over to the stairs to go to my room. I don't do 'meet the family'. I walked up to my room and turned my computer on. I was just about to text Molly and tell her what happened when two hand covered my eyes and someone whispered in my ear,

"Guess who?"

"Hi, Jake," I said, as he removed his hands from my eyes. I smiled and took a seat on my bed. He did the same, sitting right next to me.

"You should've told me you were coming!" I exclaimed, getting right to the point.

"I didn't know it was your house, I only knew we were going to help my aunt, uncle, and cousins move into their new house in Maryland. Trust me, if I knew, I would have told you."