Bobby DDM

Scenerio: You come home from the Army because you get badly hurt and leave on a honorable discharge. You also go through a heart break, when your home.

Age: 25

Three Days Earlier...

I hid in cover behind a house holding a gun to my chest as my dog sat next to me waiting for a command. I looked over and saw Thomas who pointed forward telling me to look. I looked over and saw no one. Not a single soul.

"Clear." I said above whisper. He nodded and did the same thing with his hand twice telling me to lead. I walked forward and looked down at Roscoe who looked up at me. "Bomb." I said. He growled and sniffed the ground as he trotted forward sniffing for a bomb. I followed behind holding my gun up and aiming for any movement. He growled and barked as I saw the bomb inside a circle of rocks. It read 1:59. I quickly looked behind me and yelled cover. I went to work to try and dismount the bomb. I got into the wiring and gulped as I saw five different wires. 1:20. Roscoe whined as I looked at him. "Go cover." I said. He ran off as I looked down at the wires and tried remembering the coding we had learned in boot camp. 1:00. Blue was more time which usually was followed by a trap. Red was less time. Yellow was dismount. White was blows up right away. No red was blows up right away. White was less time? 30 Seconds. I gulped as I looked over at Thomas who yelled cover. I stood up and ran towards the group, but by the time I was half way to them the bomb went off and I flew. I felt myself hit the ground behind a bunch of rocks. I saw Roscoe and Thomas run over as I groaned, when everything turned black.

Now...

I sat in a wheelchair as tears still ran down my face. I sat in our hospital hut full of wounded soldiers. I sighed as Roscoe whimpered and put his head on my broken leg. I heard a cough as Roscoe lifted his head and I spun the chair around. I watched Thomas sit as he sighed.

"Thomas, I don't think I can do this anymore." I said. He nodded, but sighed again.

"I don't know if they will let you go. Your leg wasn't cut off." He said as I sighed.

"Bullshit. My legs, not one, but both are broken. My arm is bruised all too hell and I have four broken ribs and better yet I had a calapsed lung. It's time I go home Tom." I said as he sighed and nodded.

"I know. I would want to as well. Can I ask you something?" He asked. I nodded as I petted the German Sheppard's head.

"What happened out there? What's was the hesitation?" He asked as I chuckled.

"Panic and fear. It clouded my remembrance of the color code." I said as he smiled a little.

"Red was deactivate." He said as I growled.

"See I was thinking white dammit." I said as he sighed and grabbed my hands.

"Stop. We all have our moments, your's just almost cost you your life." Tom said as I sighed. You see ever since boot camp Thomas has been there for everything. He was my partner during this mess. I have been here for three days because they won't let the wounded leave until death or healed.

"Thomas, who brought me back?" I asked. He sighed as he looked up at me.

"You don't have to know everything, Singer." He said.