36

Hi and welcome to day four of me being trapped in my house cause of the Covid-19 hopefully when I post this chapter it will just be a memory we all had anyways if it's not stay safe and WASH YOUR HANDS. also despite this book taking place in 2020 I'm not gonna add the virus.

---

Jasey pov

It was a week before spring break and prom tickets went on sell today. Kids went insane. Apparently prom is a big deal here.

I wanted to go but I didnt have anyone to go with. Jack was probably going to be asked in a couple days, or maybe he'll get the courage to ask the girl he likes to the dance.

I shut my locker and I saw Lisa standing there like a creep.

"Holy shit," I say dropping my government notebook. I get down to pick it up. "Lisa you scared the shit out of me," I say.

"Oh I'm sorry Jasey. I was just wondering if me, you and Laura wanna go prom dress shopping over spring break?," she says.

"Um actually lisa I'm not sure if I'm going to prom," I say.

"What! Why?," she asks very loud gaining some attention from other kids.

I shrugged. "I dont know, I mean who I'm I gonna hang out with, You are going with Alex, Laura is going with Rian and Jack is probably gonna get asked any minute now," I say.

"Well why dont you ask someone to go with you?," she says.

"Like who?," I ask.

"That one kid in your bio class you had last semester," she says.

"First of all he's a sophomore and besides I think he likes someone else," I say.

"Just ask him, it can even be as a friend thing," she says.

"I would rather go alone," I say as the bell rings.

"Uhh Jasey I'm getting someone to go to that dance with you before friday," she says.

"Well see about that," I say waving and walking to government.

---
"So why is Lisa trying to get you a date for prom?," alex asks as I sit in the back of the car with Laura and Rian. Laura was gonna go over to Rians house to do homework, or something I dont know.

"Because I dont think I wanna go," I say,".

Jack turns his whole body so fast I think he gave himself whiplash."why dont you wanna go to prom?," he asks.

"Because all my friends have somebody to go with," I say.

"I dont," Jack says.

"But you will," i say.

"Well what about the one kid in your bio class you had last semester?," Laura asks.

"Lisa already asked me about that and there is no way I'm going with a sophomore," I say.

"Why not?," Rian asks.

"Cause its weird," I say.

They all kinda nodded in agreement.

---

The next day in music Jack and I were messing around cause we had a sub. Rian and Alex just decided to ditch the class all together.

I herd the door open and I see Lisa walk in.

"Mrs. Smith can I speak to Jasey real quick?," she asks.

"Is it school related?," Mrs. Smith says putting her book down and looking at lisa.

Lisa nods.

"Jasey you're needed with Mrs. Ruocco she needs you," she says picking up her book.

I quickly stand up and walk out into the hall with Lisa.

Once the door shuts she hands me a piece of paper.

"What's this?," I ask.

"Pj's number," she says.

"The senior?," I ask.

"Yeah him," she says.

"But I dont even know him," I say.

"You guys both got a free period for sixth," she says.

"But-,".

"No buts you never have anyone to hangout with during sixth," she says

"Uhh fine, but I'm not getting a relationship out of this, I'm just doing it for you," I say.

"Okay," she says.

---

"Hey are Jasey?," someone asked.

I shut my journal and looked up. "Yeah that's me,".

"That's cool I'm pj," he says sitting down. "Watcha doing?," he asks.

"Just writing," I say.

What ya writin?,".

"Just stuff," I say.

He nods.

"So you ready to be done with high school?," I ask.

"Yeah, senior year, my last school dance in a month and a half and school gets out in three months," he says.

I nod. "Yeah I'm excited for summer as well," I say.

"Oh yeah you're a junior," he says.

"Yeah, but I could graduate this year," I say.

"Why dont you?," he asks.

"I dont wanna leave my friends," I say.

"Ahh yeah those all time low guys and their girlfriends," he says.

"Yup that's them," I say laughing.

He nods. Then we fall into silence. I guess now would be a good time to tell him I dont want anything more then just a date to prom.

"Hey um, I'm not sure what lisa told you, but I'm not looking for a relationship. I'm just looking for someone to go to prom with," I say.

"Okay, yeah," he says.

I nod.