12

Jasey pov

As jack looked up on his phone where a laser tag place is at I got prizes with my tickets. I didn't win much around two hundred tickets so I got things like candy and a slinky who's name is gerald.

"You ready?," jack asks as I walk towards our table.

I nod and we walk out of the pizza place.

"Okay we need to get on the bus," he says.

I nod and we head to the bus stop.

---

"Hey jasey you should probably text your grandma telling her you are not going to be back till around seven," jack says as the bus starts to move.

I nod and pull out my phone to text my grandma.

Me:hey grandma I'm going to be out a little late as I told jack I would help him with biology

Gma🤪: okay be careful.

I put my phone away and I put my head on Jack's shoulder.

"You okay?," he asks me.

"Yeah I'm just tired," I say.

"Laser tag will wake you up," he says.

---

When we walk into the place I look around at the arcade, but this time it had a laser tag area.

Jack knowing i wasn't paying attention grabbed my hand and brought me to the counter.

"Two tickets for the laser tag," he says.

"Okay it will be a thirty minute wait," she says.

"That's okay," jack says pulling out his wallet.

"Ten twenty three," she says.

Jack hands her the money and she gives us the wrist bands. I put mine on and we look for a place to sit.

"I need to us the bathroom I will be right back," I tell jack as he sits down.

He nods and I walk into the bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror. I move my hair away from my face and I turn on the water and splash some water In my face.

I air dry it for a couple of seconds not wanting to put the scratching paper towel to my face.

A lady walks out of the stalls and turns on the water.

"You and that boy are a cute couple," she says.

"Thanks, but uh were not dating," I say.

"You will, I see the way he looks at you," she says.

I smile a little and look at her.

"Hes in love," she says.

I laugh a little. "I've known him for a month and a half hes not in love.

"Okay sweety," she says smiling at me.

Well that was weird. I thought to myself and walk out of the bathroom.

"How was the bathroom?," jack asked.

"Shit," I say.

He bursted out laughing. "Get it," he says.

I look at him and smile. "I get it,".

"Everyone playing lazer tag for two forty needs to be at the door," said the intercom.

Jack and I stood up and walked to the door. A lady scanned our bracelets and we walked in.

"Opposite teams?," jack asked me.

"Oh you're going down," I say picking up a vest and gun.

He smiled at me and did the same.

After a safety video played the lady let us go into the glow in the dark room.

We had ten seconds till the game started and I walked to the second floor.

After the ten seconds were up I just went shooting at the blue people. I saw jack hiding behind a box. I quickly shot him. He turned around and saw me.

"Oh you think that's cute jasey," he says as his gun powers back up. He shot me and I chased after him.

We spent around ten minutes chasing eachother.

"Wow you're really good at dodging," jack says to me.

"Thank you, I got a physco faimly," I say.

"What's that supposed to mean?," he says.

"It means I'm good at dodging things," I say.

"Like what," he says as I climb on a box.

"Bullets and punches," I say not noticing what I said.

"Jasey, what the fuck," he says putting his gun down.

I sit on the box and look at him.

"Sorry," I say looking down at my knees.

---

We are at the bus stop waiting for the bus to come. Since the laser tag incident jack has not let go of me. Hes been holding my hand and I'm not mad at it. I really like it.

"Jasey what happened?," he asked.

"Shit with my uncle," I say looking behind him.

"So you had an abusive uncle?," he asked.

I nodded. "Very physco," I say.

"Were is he at right now?," he asked.

"I dont know, I just know my grandma and I have restraining orders against him," I say.

"As he ever hurt you?," he asks.

I nodded.

He only held my hand tighter.

---

We are back in towson. Jack had his hand in mine and I was looking out the window.

We pulled up to my house. About thirty minutes till it was dark.

"Jasey, if you ever need to talk, call me," he says.

"I will," I say.

"Jasey if you ever are in danger call me or alex or rian or heck even zack,".he says worried.

"I will jack," I say.

"Have a good night," he says.

"You too jack," I say as I grab my bag from his backseat and get out of his car.

He sits in my driveway for a couple of seconds. He then rolls down his window.

"Sweet dreams jasey rae," he says.

"You too jack barakat," I say.

He nods and drives off.