82

jasey pov

there is always something special about birthdays. especially your 18th birthday.

adulthood. it was something everyone has to experience at one point. im kinda glad i still have senior year, to be a kid.

i woke up to my grandma, singing 'happy birthday' to me.

i opened my eyes and looked at her. she had about to boxes in her hands and an 2 envelopes, she handed them to me.

i opened the first one which was a small box, it was a neckless that said. '2002' in it in gold letters.

"oh my god!," i say, looking at my grandmother. "i love it!," i say.

"good," she laughed. "it was expensive,".

i laugh and go to the next box. it was a Polaroid camera, plus like 5 things of film and a case.

the camrea was white and the case was light green.

"oh my god! thank you!," i say.

"of course jasey!," she said.

i then sighed and looked at the envelopes. one was from grandma, the other was from mom.

i sigh and open the one from grandma. it was a cute card, it had a dog on it and it said 'happy birthday'. i opened the card and read it.

happy birthday jasey! i love you so much and im so happy that we finally get to live a normal life. im so proud of all the accomplishments you have done jn your life time.

love grandma<3.

it also had a $50 dallor bill and a gift card to barnes and noble.

"thank you!," i say, giving her a hug.

"youre welcome jase!," she said.

i smiled putting everything away and getting out of bed.

"are you gonna open your moms card?," she asked.

"later," i say.

she nods and we both go downstairs.

"what would you like for breakfast?," she asked.

i shrugged.

"you wanna go to dennys?," she asked.

"sure," i say.

"okay, go get ready," she said.

i nod and run upstairs.

i then go grab my phone and look at it for the first time all day.

jack🤠: happy birthday jasey! i love you and cant wait to see you later <3

me: aww thank you jack! im excited to see you too later, love you <3

luara🥰: happy birthday jase<3

me: thank you<3

i then went to play music and played 'freaks' by surf curse, as i got ready.

i did my normal make up and hair and got dressed, in a black and white long sleeve and black skirt with white lines at the bottom and black thigh highs.

i slipped on my black boots from prom and grabbed my stuff and went downstairs.

"ready?," grandma asked.

i nod and we go to get in the car.

i put my phone on aux and 'sweeter wheather' plays in the car as we get to the restaurant.