At the End of the Day

I'm not going to say much this time. All i'm going to say is sorry to you all for breaking your hearts. Neela has been with us since the beginning, my own creation, her feeling like my own daughter, just like she does with Ayu. I love her just as much as all of you. But, life isn't always fair, and in war, sacrifices must be made. And now, the true final battle begins. Please, do try and enjoy....

-POV: Ayuma-

"Did I.... make you proud..... Mommy....?" Neela said to me as her eyes closed and her head tilted back. Her breathing stopped and her body went cold. She died, right in my arms and I could do nothing more than cry as my daughter passed away. 

"Y....Ye...... Yes...... Yes you did...... from the very start..... I've always..... been proud of you....." I cried as I held her close to me. I didn't want to let go of her.

"Are you done sulking? She's dead and cannot be brought back. It's best to leave her so we may continue." Aidoneus said to me as I gritted my teeth and shot him daggers with my eye. I had no choice but to gently lay Neela's body down on the ground. I stood up and picked up my axe from where it laid and began marching over to him. But, I was stopped when something grabbed my right leg. I looked down and saw Alex there, tears in his eyes as well.

"Please..... you have to beat him..... take this with you....." Alex said as his body began to glow with a bright gold aura. He transferred the aura to me as my axe absorbed the power. My status opened up and I saw my upgrade tree. A new branch emerged, one with only a single level. It was labelled "Grand Magic."

"Thank you..... and..... I promise.... I'll avenge.... our daughter...." I told Alex as he let go of me so I could continue on my path for the demon king. 

"First, the king fell, and I claimed my reward in the shape of his right leg. He will never walk again. And now, I claim the life of the hybrid demi-human, your so-called daughter, and my failed attempt at reviving mine. Now only you remain, Axe hero. Only one shall be left standing by the next sunrise." Aidoneus said to me as I clenched my fists tightly and took in a nervous deep breath. 

"You.... are the reason.... everything happened..... to me..... to my daughter..... to everyone. The demons, the darkness, it was all you. So much pain, so much suffering that could've been avoided, but you brought it upon all of us. Your crimes within this world are inexcusable. And above all else..... crippling my beloved husband and taking the life of my own daughter. If there were any mercy within my very soul that I would've given you, it's all gone now. Because until I spill my very last drop of blood within my body, I will not stop fighting until you are finally gone for good." I spoke to Aidoneus as he did nothing but chuckle. 

"Is that so? You look as though you're about to give in to all that pain flowing throughout your body. If you try and attack me, then the result will be the same as before. You will die." Aidoneus said to me as I stopped walking for a moment to take an even deeper breath in. Only this one was much more significant, because I was inhaling and absorbing the mana particles within the air itself. 

"Let this final ultimate spell that I hold in my hands be your finale, demon king. And let your reign of terror finally come to its grand conclusion in the form of your defeat." I said as I could feel the mana in my body rising to levels i'd never felt them at before. It felt so incredible, the energy, the power, everything generating within me. And, with one last deep, calm breath, I clapped my hands together to begin my spell. 

"As source of thy power, I, the princess, orders thee...." I began to chant as a bright red and gold aura began to emerge around my body. 

"Decipher the laws of all time, space, and reality and empower me with the might of the pure dragon heart and the power of the ultimate magical ability. Surpass all limitations, surpass all obstacles, surpass all who'd dare defy me...." I chanted as my axe itself began to merge into my body, becoming part of my chest armor.