Mother

Did you catch the hints in the previous chapter? What could they mean? What are they leading to? Well, I can say we'll all find out soon, and that's it. It was a nice change getting to do a chapter from Alex's PoV. Honestly, just having to write for him, and have him say things that sound like a royal person would say is so much fun. And I even got to develop his character quite a lot, too. He seems to have admired Ayu quite a lot when she was around. What will that lead into in the future? This chapter is going to be MASSIVE in terms of content, so sit back and enjoy!

-PoV: Neela-

With us successfully rescuing both Melty and Alex from Idol's clutches, there was now only one thing left to do before we fled from this complex. We had to set all of Idol's slaves free. We all quickly exited the mansion and made our way into the courtyard. We had to fight off several guards on our way but they weren't too much of an issue. 

And after a few minutes of fighting, we finally arrived at our destination. Near the centre of the courtyard was a set of stairs that led to an underground dungeon. The only reason I know is.....is because this is where me and Raphtalia were taken when we were enslaved. 

"Idol imprisoned his demi-human slaves underground. And tortured them." Raphtalia said as we stood at the top of the stairs. 

"How do you know that?" Reichnott asked her. 

"I know because.... we were both lucky enough to live." She said as we grasped onto each others hands. 

"Neither of you have to do this if you don't want to. You can stay here if you want." Naofumi said to us.

"No. Miss Ayuma taught me to be brave and face my fears. I can't let the past haunt me forever. We've both done enough running. And enough is enough. We'll be fine." I said to him as he gave us both a nod. We both began to walk down the stairs into the dark, lonely dungeon. Only bad memories awaited us inside. 

We walked all the way down until we reached the main cell doors. It wasn't locked and we opened it was a haunting creaking sound. I got a look around and saw some empty cells near the entrance to the dungeon. Shackles hanged from the ceiling and torture devices were hung up along the walls. I just couldn't bare to look at them. My breathing was becoming very heavy. 

We continued through the dungeon, looking through every cell to see if anyone was still alive. But I stopped at one in particular..... as it brought back the most horrible of my memories. 

"This one..... was mine." I softly said as blood stains were riddled along its walls. Bones were scattered on the ground. The smell was unbearable. I'm sure whoever was thrown in here after me didn't make it. 

Raphtalia had gone ahead of me when I stopped to look at my old cell. And when I looked to her, she was doing the same. I walked over as she entered her cell. In it laid a skeleton. 

"Rifana....." She quietly said as I crouched down next to her to comfort her. I was from the same village as Raphtalia was and we both lost our families during the first wave. She had lost her parents and I, my older brother. My parents died some time before the wave from sickness. But, after the wave, we were captured by Idol and his soldiers. We were forced into slavery and used for his own entertainment. Every day and night, he would come and torture us. He would hang us from the ceiling by shackles and whip us, just to hear us scream for mercy. We had no hope. 

However, me and Raphtalia, out of everyone else who was taken, seemed to catch a lucky break. We were sold to a slave trader, and we stayed with him for several weeks before.... before we were found.... by the heroes. Naofumi.... and miss Ayuma.