The Extinction Dragon

Can I get a "F**k yeah!" for Wrath Queen!? I mean, to solo both L'arc and Therese is no easy feat! But then again, to the mother of my first OC, I had to let her shine at least once in her own world. And now, team 1's mission is complete. However, with the portal being closed before they finished, what does that mean for when they return to Melromarc? Will it be in ruins? Will the demons have attacked yet if the rest completed their missions too? We've still got a little ways to go before we fully head back home so sit tight. Now, enough talk! Enjoy!

-POV: Naofumi-

We were currently making our way through Tartaros' castle, trying to find the remainder of these demons so we could destroy them. However, as we searched, the entire place just started rumbling for some reason.

"What the heck's going on now!?" Azura questioned as we all stopped for a moment. 

"Not sure. Maybe one of these demons uses earthquake style curses." Damos suggested but Clayton shook his head. 

"No, this is something much bigger. I can't sense any curse or magic energy at all. This is something else entirely." Clayton said as a huge wave of energy suddenly went through the entire area. It lasted for only a moment, and when the wave ceased, so did the rumbling. 

"Well, that was weird." I said as Damos suddenly fell to his knees. He was breathing very heavily and he was sweating all of a sudden.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong!? Damos, can you hear me!?" I asked him as I crouched down next to him. He wasn't giving me any answers but he was looking at me with his eyes. I could see pain in them, but I had no idea what was causing it. 

"Don't worry, this'll help you! Fast Heal!" I said as I went to use my magic on him. But nothing happened. 

"What the heck? I said Fast Heal!" I said as I tried to use my magic again. But like before, it failed. 

"It's as I feared..... that wave before.... that was Face activating...." Clayton said as I looked back to him with worry. 

"How can that be though!? Wendy, Rishia, and the others destroyed the weapon!" I said in disbelief. 

"It's true that they did. But, I've had a theory about this great face weapon for quite a while. Just one weapon couldn't have the output or reach to span across the entire continent." Clayton said as we all looked at him with surprise. 

"Are you saying there's more of them out there!? And that Tartaros has set them all off!?" Azura questioned him as he gave a nod. 

"Indeed. And the toll for the loss of magic is heavier on Damos than anyone else. A wyvern, unlike a dragon, is a creature of pure magic. Without it, they slowly suffer and die. Which means, we have to find a way to destroy the remaining Face bombs without our magic if we want him to live." Clayton explained as I then tried to change shields. But, nothing happened at all. 

"Looks like you're right. I can't use any of my shields anymore. Damn it!" I said in a rage as I punched the ground. But, I had no time to worry about the loss of magic. Damos' body had started to steam and he was grunting in absolute agony. I tried to touch him but his skin burned like it was on fire.

"I can't even move him at all!!! What the heck are we supposed to do!? We can't just leave him here!" I said as Azura and Clayton started to walk past us. 

"The two of us will go on ahead to find some help. You stay here and protect Damos. Even though you can't change shields, you still have a shield. You're the best defense we've got now." Azura said as they ran down the canal and out of our sight.