A Hero is Missing

I bet none of you were expecting that last chapter to end the way it did. Our girl just cannot catch a break, can she? She's gifted her freedom from Myne and the former king, and now look where's she's ended up. Right in the clutches of the demon itself. And, who knows where all that'll end up. You'll all just have to wait and find out. But, in the meantime, our Alex has grown up! He's the king now! Woohoo! And finally, finally! He's made his move on Ayuma, kissing her and becoming a part of her party! But..... obviously that was very short lived. Now, obviously we'll be switching pov's once again, but who's it gonna be from this time? Find out right now! Enjoy! 

Also, before you begin the chapter, I've just gotta make a shoutout to one of my good friends who has supported me for most of this series. A few chapters ago, a person with the username: PrefHerna on Wattpad sent me fanart of both Ayu and Neela. Well, she's done it again, people! Below, you'll find her newest piece of fantastic artwork, as well as her twitter. I highly recommend checking her out. She does such amazing pieces of art that it's honestly staggering to me how good it is. Please, please, please do check her out if you do indeed like her artwork. It would really mean so much to me and her as well. You'll be helping both of us out if you do. Thanks!

Ayu in her current state:

PrefHerna/Somete Paint Twitter: https://twitter

PrefHerna/Somete Paint Twitter: https://twitter.com/SometePaint?s=20

-PoV: Alex-

"Thank you, Ayuma. I promise I will do all in my power and show you that I deserve to be with you and Neela!" I said to her as I gave her a heartwarming smile. 

"I'm sure you will too. And, i'm sure Neela will be excited to hear that you-" Ayuma began to say as I blinked..... and she disappeared. She was no longer in her wheelchair in front of me. Only the chair, all her armor pieces, and her eye patch laid on the ground. 

"Ayuma.....? Ayuma......!?" I called out to her as I started looking around my room. But, I stopped when my eyes locked onto one of my windows. It was broken and I quickly rushed over to it. The sun was insanely bright as it was setting but, far in the distance, I could make out a black figure flying over the land with large black wings. 

"Wait a second..... I've seen that thing before! That's the demon that took control of Ayuma! ....No...... It can't be....... Naofumi destroyed it! It can't still be alive!" I thought to myself as the demon disappeared into the horizon. 

"It's taken her away! No, it's going to use her again!" I shouted as I quickly turned around and bolted out of my room, looking for my mother. I nearly bowled over Neela as I burst through my door and she started running after me. 

"Alex, I saw miss Ayuma added you to our party. But, what's wrong? Why are you running so fast?" She asked me as we took a sharp turn to the banquet hall. I knew mother had planned a party in celebration for the five heroes, but she needed to speak with the heroes in private first. I told her that I wanted to speak with Ayuma first though, so she let me and said I could bring her around to their meeting later.